Shelter Senior Project Officer (2 Vacancies)
Kindly send your Resume and Cover letter to [email protected] - Kindly mention the position you are applying for and Location in the Subject
The Senior project officer is responsible of leading the identification, assessment and selection of households eligible for shelter assistance, ensuring proper documentation to support decisions on the most adequate assistance. The shelter senior project officer is responsible of ensuring the implementation of different types of shelter modalities is inclusive, fair and up to minimum technical standards and ensure evidence-based decision making in the process of approving budget allocations at a programmatic level.
2. Reporting Lines
Reporting to Shelter Project Manager
3. Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibility #1: Activities Implementation
- Contribute to the overall project implementation as per minimum standards, donor agreement and CARE guidelines.
- Provide clear guidance on standards for shelter, including minimum emergency standards to meet basic and essential needs
- Support the Project Manager in the development of the project strategy/methodology.
- Conduct regular field visits to monitor the implementation of activities
- Ensure that quality standards of work and materials are respected as per the agreed standards and specifications
- As appropriate, participate in community consultations in order to better identify the communities’ needs.
- Work closely with contractors and daily workers to ensure that the facilities built or rehabilitated are correctly operated and maintained after completion of works
- Ensure that specifications, bills of quantities and drawings are produced in a technically sound and standardized manner.
- Advice and counsel eligible solution, oversees variation and processing change orders on the original scope of work
- Make sure all the documents related to the projects are complete are accurate
- In coordination with the Shelter Coordinator, PM and MEAL team, ensure appropriate evaluation, implementation and monitoring tools are in place
- Provide weekly reports to the project manager on the implantation of activities and report any challenges
Responsibility #2: Partnership Management
- Promote the efficiency of technical interventions through local capacity building and supervision of contractors in the field
- Schedule and organize meetings with implementing contractors to discuss progress and challenges
- Ensure that program interventions continue to be informed by and integrated with other core sectors such as protection and food security & livelihoods
- Liaise with other project departments and give support when needed.
Responsibility #3 : Logistics & Administration
- Ensure the follow-up and the proper use of materials, tools and assets during the activities
- Ensure compliance with CARE administrative and logistical procedures
- Assist in the budget follow-up by managing activities/budgets in a timely manner
Responsibility #4: Reporting
- Collect all information and written/verbal reports on the progress of the activities on a daily and weekly basis as per established reporting formats
- Prepare clear and concise reports and keep accurate records and documentation
- Collect data on the as built materials and make sure all quantitative reports are accurate and up to date
- Prepare all site inspection reports as per the “as built” materials in reference to approved BoQs
- Report immediately any delay, problem or other relevant information to the Project Manager
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES AS ASSIGNED BY LINE MANAGER
4. Qualifications / special skills or knowledge
a. Skills & knowledge:
- Experience in working with communities from different backgrounds
- Experience in working with NGOs is a plus
- Ability to build strong and credible relationships with partner, beneficiaries, CARE staff, beneficiaries, International/Local NGOs, local authorities and communities
- Experience in working for the humanitarian/development sector is a plus
- Experience in working in owner-led rehabilitation programming is a plus
- Experience in construction procedures, from technical assessments to BoQ development, project design to execution, monitoring of works, evaluation and handover
- Ability to manage conflicts, work well and coordinate at a field level with partners/contractors and ensure a timely delivery of the proposed works
- Excellent organizational skills, with ability to prioritize tasks and adjust to constantly changing situations while maintaining focus on delivery and follow-through
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Knowledge of construction, housing, water, sanitation minimum standards and common practices in Lebanon
- Knowledge of Shelter cash modalities
- Knowledge of CARE’s policies and commitment to gender equity and diversity
- Knowledge of Child Safeguarding policy and PSEA (protection from sexual exploitation and abuse)
- Knowledge and context sensitivity
At least 3-5 years of relevant experience, at NGOs, academic organizations, standard-setting bodies, public agencies focused on Shelter Rehabilitation during emergencies
c. Academic background:
Bachelor’s degree in one or several of the following areas: Architecture, Civil engineering Social Sciences or other related fields, social science is a plus
- Languages: English and/ or Arabic are the working language of CARE International.
- of other languages is an asset.
5. Other contract elements
CARE offers employment contract as per CIL salary scale
6. PSEA and Child Safeguarding Policies
CARE International in Lebanon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
CARE International in Lebanon and its employees and stakeholders abide by the CARE International Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) and Child Safeguarding Policies.