Case Management Specialist
Please mention in the subject of your email the title and location of the position you are applying for .
Please note that we are interviewing on a rolling basis.
As part of the humanitarian response, an experienced Case Management Specialist with a strong background in Protection in Emergencies programming is required by CARE in Lebanon to support the implementation of the Global Affairs Canada project that aims to deliver Protection and Livelihoods services to people affected by the Beirut blast and the socio-economic crisis in Tripoli. The project will be directly implemented by CARE with a small component through a local partner. Project activities will include provision of Psychosocial support and Psychological First Aid, Case Management, Internal and External referrals, Cash for Protection, Cash for Rent, GBV and Protection awareness, and Support to SMEs.
2. Reporting Lines
This position reports to the Project Manager
4. Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure social workers and case workers have the necessary tools, skills, and knowledge to implement the project based on internationally recognized standards such as the IASC standards, SPHERE, and CHS.
- Provide technical guidance to set up a Protection case management system and SOPs including safe data management protocols
- Capacity building staff on the GBV survivor-centered approach for safe referrals of GBV issues
- Conduct visits to SDCs or other locales to oversee the activity implementation and support on GiE and case management technical needs.
- Ensure relevant social protection, GBV, and gender issues are, as a minimum, mainstreamed on a project level.
- Enhance referrals pathways and ensure communities knowledge of such pathways and help facilities, in collaboration with the Project Manager.
- Provide input and further strengthen the implementation of protection toolkits, as well as monitor and evaluate the impact of the protection case management activities and toolkits on beneficiaries.
- Contribute to and provide technical input on protection and community-based case management approaches to the overall and daily implementation of the project;
- Follow up on the work of social workers and case workers, and liaise with the PM and protection specialists as relevant
- Organize, mobilize and implement community-level activities together with the members of the communities, including outreach activities, capacity building and awareness raising campaigns
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES AS ASSIGNED BY LINE MANAGER
5. Qualifications / special skills or knowledge
a. Skills & knowledge:
- 7-10 years work experience in humanitarian and development settings, preferably with a large NGO
- 5-7 years operational field experience in protection, GBV and gender in emergencies roles
- Significant field experience setting up and managing protection case management systems and services incorporating safe data protocols and survivor-centered approach to GBV disclosures
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in mainstreaming gender, do no harm and GBV mitigation in humanitarian program design, management, monitoring and evaluation, including application of IASC Gender Handbook, GBV Guidelines and SPHERE standards.
- International experience in assessment, gender analysis, program development, evaluation, project proposal and budget preparation
- Experience in providing training and capacity building on GBV programming,
- Strong knowledge of PSEAH approaches and familiarity with operational guidance
- Excellent inter-personal skills and collaborative working and management style
- Strong communication, interpersonal, facilitation, negotiation, and diplomatic skills
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong internal relationships and networks.
- Motivated self-starter who enjoys working in a collaborative and international environment.
- Ability and willingness to travel within Lebanon if needed.
c. Academic background
Master’s degree in one or several of the following areas: Social Work, International Development, Social Studies, Humanitarian Assistance, Disaster Management, Gender, Protection related studies.
- Languages: English and/ or Arabic are the working language of CARE International in Lebanon.
- of other languages is an asset.
6. Other contract elements
Benefits: Social Security/Health Insurance & Transport allowance.
The direct supervisor reserves the right to adapt this job description at any time during employment according to needs and in consultation with the successful candidate.
Any extension of this contract is dependent on performance review and funding availability.
PSEA and Save Guarding Child policy
CARE International in Lebanon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
CARE International in Lebanon and its employees and stakeholders abide by the CARE International Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) and Child Safeguarding Policies.