Exams Coordinator – Test day operations – Computer Delivered IELTS
Please note that we do not accept copies of CVs, kindly visit our recruitment portal if you wish to apply.
If you are interested in applying and feel that you are suitable for the role, please apply before Tuesday 11 February (23:59 Lebanon Time). Please read the Role Profile carefully, check definitions of the behaviours and Core skills, and complete the application form using the ‘Guidance notes for completing application form section’ for assistance (This is found in the application form) by visiting the British Council Recruitment Portal link below.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and is keen to reflect the diversity of UK society at every level within the organisation. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. In line with the British Council's Child Protection policy, any appointment is contingent on thorough checks. In the UK, and in other countries where appropriate systems exist, these include criminal records checks.
The purpose of this role is to ensure exams operations and supporting resource meet customer experience requirements in the delivery of Computer- delivered IELTS exams. The role is to support on operational, system and technical issues as well as ensuring efficient, effective and compliant Test Day delivery.
The post holder may be required to work in flexible shift patterns depending on business needs.
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
In Examinations we administer 3 million UK examinations in over 850 towns and cities worldwide, promoting the UK as a high-quality assessment provider and helping people gain access to trusted qualifications to support their career and study prospects.
In Levant, we have embarked on an exciting transformation initiative to ensure we serve our customers and stakeholders more effectively and set the foundation for long term growth. Exams Transformation is the umbrella term for this initiative within the Exams business unit to help us meet our 2020 vision of greater standardisation and leveraging on technology. This in turn will provide greater career growth and development opportunities for those involved in the exams function.
Main opportunities/challenges for this role
- Administer Computer Delivered exams in accordance with corporate and board requirements.
- Acting to resolve connectivity and other technical issues on the ground, escalate when required.
- Conduct CD IELTS venue audits and procedures for setting external organisations as CD IELTS test delivery partners.
- Compliance with corporate H&S, child protection and EO&D corporate policy.
▪ Undertake the related planning and delivery functions in preparation for Test Days
▪ Receives instructions and requests from cluster operations, 5 days before Test Day itself and plans and organises given resources accordingly (often at short notice) to ensure that work is carried out efficiently and effectively
▪ Provides technical assistance leading up to and on the test day
▪ Plan and deploy of engagement plan for Venue Staff
▪ Supervises and monitors administration of tests by proctors and supervisors; ensures that test instructions are accurate and that appropriate testing environments are maintained
▪ Ensures technical compliance of equipment and connectivity at test venues
▪ Keeps informed of advancing technology in standardized test administration, computer-based testing and associated software
▪ Supports decisions of operations manager with the selection of venue staff, sets performance expectations and maintains positive relations
▪Supports the selection of suitable venues
▪ Supporting continuous improvement in the efficiency/cost effectiveness/quality of service delivery/systems in the unit or department
▪ Proactively work with operations manager to deliver satisfactory and timely resolution of customer (internal or external) complaints, coordinating input from other team members as required. Ensures the customer is kept informed throughout the process
▪ Develops good working relationships and engagement with Venue Staff and appropriate colleagues throughout the British Council to facilitate effective and efficient service delivery
▪ Act as point of contact and manage escalated issues in country from Venue Supervisors and Venues, supported by Operations Manager / Cluster team when required.
▪ Provides routine direction, information and advisement to students and prospective students in regard to testing policies, procedures and outcomes
Risk and compliance
▪ Undertake contingency and risk management on the ground, liaise with Customer Service, Examiner or Venue Staff to ensure alignment on communications ▪ Leads in providing support related to compliance or investigations on Test Day and related issues
▪ Follows agreed corporate risk management processes and procedures when delivering services (e.g. child protection, security policies, financial protocols, anti-fraud measures) to protect the interests of the BC and its customers at all times
▪ Ensures that all test administration is carried out in compliance with examination board policies, regulations, guidelines and standards.
▪ Carry out health and safety inspection of British Council exam venues to meet with corporate and awarding body guidelines
Analysis and reporting
▪ Uses standard procedures and templates, regularly records, analyses and reports on operational activity such as venue staff performance to support senior managers in making timely and effective business decisions that respond to operational needs
▪ Supports wash-up meetings to review Test Day performance delivery, continual improvement and corrective actions
▪ Monitors dashboard on B2B and B2C service level for CD IELTS registration systems
Cluster Operations Team, Exams Business Manager, Operations Manager, Customer Services, Finance and Resources teams; local IT / GSD services
Examiners; Venue Staff; Customers, Key Accounts Representatives, Venue Proprietors, Technical support providers, Exam candidates, B2B Customers
Passport requirements Right to work in country
Direct contact or managing staff working with children? No
Minimum / essential
- B2 written and spoken English
- B1 Arabic
Minimum / essential
- University Degree in any field
Role Specific Knowledge & Experience
Minimum / essential
- 2 years’ experience delivering exams
- Experience in exams operations
- Experience with risk and compliance
Role Specific Skills
- Ability to adapt to fast changing business requirements
- Flexibility to work across locations within Lebanon
British Council Core Skills
Communicating & influencing Level 1
Listens to others and expresses self clearly, with grammatical accuracy and awareness of a diverse audience in speaking and writing.
Planning and organizing Level 2
Organises own work over weeks and months, or plans ahead for others, taking account of priorities and the impact on other people.
Analysing data and problems Level 2
Reviews available data and identifies cause and effect, and then chooses the best solution from a range of known alternatives.
Using technology Level 1
Able, with adjustments if necessary, to use office software and British Council systems to do the job and manage documents or processes.
Managing risk Level 1
Demonstrates understanding of risk management policies and procedures and record of following them.
British Council Behaviours
- Connecting with others - Essential
- Being accountable - Essential
- Making it happen - Essential