Request for proposal
Increased Resilience project in Tripoli phase 3 aims to continue to increase the individual
resilience of young women and men in 8 “hotspot” areas at risk of violent extremism (that is
areas where significant recruitment to violent extremism has occurred and where violence
ideology is increasing) in Tripoli city and its neighbourhoods. It will also increase the
collective resilience among the different groups of young people that are at risk of VE and
CSOs, from across divided communities, by enabling them to work together on a common
objective. This will contribute to specific legacy benefits for more resilient
communities/institutions: new trust will be established at the community level, increased
mixing and a growing network of relationships across neighbourhoods, and the network
formed of CSOs, the municipality and the chamber of commerce, whom are all committed
to increasing the individual resilience of young people in the areas where young women
and men at risk.
The following requirements should be complied with when submitting your Proposal in response to
• Please ensure that you send your submission in good time to prevent issues with technology – late
Proposals may be rejected by the British Council.
• Do not submit any additional supporting documentation with your Proposal except where
specifically requested to do so. PDF, JPG, PPT, Word and Excel formats can be used for any
additional supporting documentation (other formats should not be used without the prior written
approval of the British Council).
• All attachments/supporting documentation should be provided separately to your main Proposal
document, clearly labelled and cross-referenced to the Proposal as relevant.
• If you submit a generic policy / document you must indicate the page and paragraph reference that
is relevant to a particular part of your Proposal.
• Unless otherwise stated as part of this RFP or its Annexes, all Proposals should be in the format of
the relevant British Council requirement with your response to that requirement inserted
• Where supporting evidence is requested as ‘or equivalent’ you must demonstrate such
equivalence as part of your Proposal.
• Any deliberate alteration of a British Council requirement as part of your Proposal will invalidate
your Proposal to that requirement and for evaluation purposes you shall be deemed not to have
responded to that particular requirement.
• Responses should be concise, unambiguous, and should directly address the requirement stated.
• Your Proposal to the RFP requirements and pricing will be incorporated into the Contract, as
How to apply
The documents that must be submitted to form your Proposal are listed at Part  (Submission
Checklist) of Annex  (Supplier Proposal) to this RFP. All documents required as part of your Proposal
should be submitted to [email protected] by the Response Deadline, as set out in the
Timescales section of this RFP.