- Draft and maintain all policies and procedures are in compliance with Borderless and funding source policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Manage all aspects of day-to-day operations of accounting department.
- Develop and implement the NGO Finance policies, procedures and systems.
- Manage the NGO and projects budget. This includes forecasting future income and expenses, creating budgets and balance sheets, and ensuring that spending is within budget limits across projects.
- Review and approve all payment documents for proper and adequate back up.
- Oversees training/Orientation and technical support to programs, logistics and administrative staff for skills improvement in the areas of accounting, reporting and internal control
- Assist in the selection of appropriate suppliers and contractors, to promote good procurement practice with due regard to sustainability, ethical purchasing standards and costing.
- Draft an appropriate service level agreement to properly evaluate the performance of suppliers, and report on this on a regular basis.
- Work with internal stakeholders (teachers or operations staff) to determine procurement needs, quality and delivery requirements.
- Responsible for order placement timing, supply / demand alignment, material replenishment and supplier performance
Data Entry / Accounting Records
- Analyse and take necessary steps in maintenance of Borderless subsidiary ledgers for advances, receivables and payables
- Verify completeness and accuracy of all accounting documents
- Record, reconcile, produce reports and generate budgets
- Make sure that on a monthly basis report reconciliations are completed on a timely manner and those final reconciliations and trial balances are reviewed with the Operations Director.
- Review, record and release the payroll; ensure standard financial controls are maintained and that all payments are accurate and legitimate
- Process cash withdrawals from the bank and ensure timely bank payments
- Liaise with bank officials in order to ensure uninterrupted bank services
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation schedules.
- Ensuring adequate cash balance is available in bank for smooth function of activities.
- Prepare bank letters when required
Cash Operations / Preparation of Vouchers
- Ensure internal control procedures are followed for all cash disbursement, exchanges, receipts and transfers.
- Inform Operations Director of all discrepancies
- Ensure that cash payments are reduced as much as possible
Audit and Management
- Respond to internal and/or external audit requests
- Maintain the audit file as per Borderless policy
- Participate in the management committee meetings and support in building the strategic aspirations of the organization
- Any other task as requested by the Operations Director.
- BSc degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Professional qualification as a CFA, CPA, CMA is considered a plus
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Proven work experience as a Finance Officer or similar role
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
- Experience using financial software
- Knowledge of financial regulations
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Sharp time management skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Problem-solving skills
- Organizational abilities and attention to detail
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
- Must be fluent in English and Arabic
- Must be able to communicate in both English and Arabic verbally and in writing
- Excellent English writing skills are a must
Monday to Friday from 9:00 to 5:00
18 Sep, 2023
Children & Youth, Education, Human Rights & Protection, Labor & Livelihoods, Relief Services
Friday, 29 September 2023
Period of Employment:
800 to 1200 (USD)
Education Degree Details:
5 to 10 years