Kindly send your CV to [email protected], with the job title in the subject of the email
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected group.
Who we are :
Blue Mission is a non-political/non-sectarian NGO based in Saida, seeking to promote a culture of peace on every level of society in order for Lebanon to confront and resolve its humanitarian challenges. We work with vulnerable Lebanese, Refugees and Internally displaced groups in Lebanon, targeting aspects of Medical Aid, Mental Health, Education, Capacity Building and Peace Building.
Our biggest project is named KARAMA, divided in 4 major parts :
- First, a Mobile Medical Unit providing healthcare and psychosocial support to marginalized families and communities of Syrian, Lebanese and Palestinian nationality. This Unit is implementing a large range of awareness sessions and PSS activities on subjects like violence, hygiene, child protection, self esteem, reproductive rights or contraception. Access to health is moreover provided with the help of a physician, a midwife, a nurse and a gynaecologist giving free consultations and medications.
- The “Play to Learn program” is providing safe and inclusive Early Childhood Education to Syrian Refugees and children with no other mean of schooling before the age of 7.
- The Teenager Support Program targeting teenagers from Old Saida, aiming to provide them with educational, social and life skills activities.
- The beneficiaries in need of psychological support are referred to a psychologist and a drama therapist to receive free sessions in our Center.
KARAMA currently serve more than 35 shelters and rural areas in El Nabatieh, South Lebanon and Mount Lebanon Governorates, reaching around 1,200 beneficiaries per month.
We are looking for an Art/Drama Therapist to give sessions in our Center in Saida, 2 days a Week.
The responsibility of the art/drama therapist is to use art to provide a safe environment to the beneficiaries referred to him in order for them to explore, address and deal with personal and social difficulties.
Our goals :
- Improve health outcomes for families, significantly reducing preventable maternal and child mortality.
- Alleviate stress and psychological suffering of vulnerable people among refugees and host community populations in South Lebanon.
- Provide people with information about and how to access mental health care, reproductive health care, and family planning methods.
- Build resilience and support networks to improve people’s daily life.
Job Description :
- Provide Art / Drama therapy sessions to our beneficiaries (mainly vulnerable Lebanese and Syrian beneficiaries of our program).
- Use art to provide a safe environment to help people explore, address and deal with a range of personal and social difficulties.
- Help beneficiaries understand and address inner conflicts through drama and art processes such as role-play, storytelling, improvisation and script work.
- Encourage self-awareness, exploration and reflection on feelings and relationships.
- Report monthly on your activities and beneficiaries' progress.
- Refer the beneficiaries in need of additional care
- Respect patient privacy and confidentiality, and treat them with respect and care
- Performing any other duties relating to the nature of the job as directed by the project managerr duties relating to thenature of the job as directed by the project manager.
- Bachelor Degree in Psychology
- Proven training in Art and Drama therapy
- Experience in working with NGOs
- Ability to work in collaboration with the team
- Adherence to Blue Missions’ values
- Capacity to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels
- Ability to prioritise clearly and oversee multiple tasks
- Arabic native speaker and very good proficiency in English, written and oral
- South Lebanon