Video editing trainer/teacher
The Video Editing teacher/trainer will be responsible for a one week educational workshop on video editing for the 40 youth volunteers participating in this project. The goal is for the volunteers to use their learnt video editing skills to produce video and photography content throughout the 1 month project in order to continue to spread eco-friendly practices and in their turn to educate a larger part of the population about environmental issues and subsequent solutions.
Main responsibilities and tasks:
- Act as part of the total staff team that will provide a quality educational program to the volunteers.
- Actively contribute to the staff team by communicating ideas and concerns openly, by making solution-oriented suggestions, by exhibiting a service-minded attitude and by being an appropriate role model.
- Contribute in the planning and implementation of a one week educational workshop regarding video editing including software usage, story telling, the manner in which to create meaning using images.
- Teach the basics of how to aesthetically communicate ideas that inspire, inform or captivate an audience through visual content.
- Teach the basics of audience theory and the importance of targeted content.
- Ensure that all the resource materials and equipment are kept orderly, safe, and well-maintained.
- Creating a fun and encouraging environment.
- Fostering creativity and outside of the box thinking.
- Treat every student fairly regardless of circumstances and abilities.
- Maintain good public relations with team members
- Be consistently on time and professional regarding all activities.
- BA/BS degree in cinematography, video editing, film studies or related fields.
- Previous experience in teaching.
- Previous experience with an NGOs is a plus.
- Adherence to Blue Mission’s values, policies and protocol and capacity to enforce procedures.
- Access to simple graphical design tools.
- Ability to conduct and coordinate training/teaching as well as concluding assessments.
- Focused, confident, and observant, reliable and confidential.
- Arabic native speaker and proficiency in English, written and oral.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Teamwork and cooperation.
How to apply
Please send the following to [email protected]:
- A brief description of the proposed training methodology and curriculum
- Cover letter and CV
- Confirmation of availability dates for training
- A financial proposal including the consultants’ daily rate