RESET - CAPITALISATION EXPERT - REMOTE (Deadline Extension till 15-Oct-23)
In recognition of the Mediterranean accelerating employment and environmental crises, there are various calls for action to create a sustainable and inclusive economy that ‘works for everyone'. As the region thrives towards developing and implementing measures for a sustainable green transition, RESET aims to facilitate economic and social development via supporting the creation of sustainable and green businesses. The project will gather, analyse and synthesize learnings regarding 'what works' within the field of sustainable and green business support, and seeks to upstream this knowledge effectively. It will support local, national and regional stakeholders to make use of this knowledge to create strategies, policies and regulations to stimulate the green economy. RESET targets seven Mediterranean countries and will address the whole enabling eco-system – from EU projects, local initiatives and policies to national and regional policies and regulations – to capitalize on knowledge related to training, advice, networking services, access to funding and markets, as well as Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) protection, with a focus on women and youth inclusion.
RESET will deliver direct capacity building activities to stakeholders to support innovative policymaking and encourage peer-to-peer learning and collaboration. More specifically, RESET will provide REMOTE informative sessions in the target countries (Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine and Tunisia) on capitalisation. In this session, the expert will enhance the audience’s knowledge on capitalisation as a process, explain more about the various methodologies used, lessons learned from experience, challenges, etc.
We are seeking an experienced capitalisation expert to design and deliver online informative sessions in the 6 countries mentioned above, targeting the following stakeholders: Policy makers (public and local authorities, government, ministries, policymakers) and Business Support Organisations (BSOs).
The expert will design, develop, and deliver a well-structured and informative session on capitalisation, covering essential concepts, methodologies, best practices, lessons learned, and success stories in the context of sustainable and green businesses.
The expert will conduct one REMOTE informative session per country (total of six sessions), in English (French and Arabic are desirable – the ideal candidate would be fluent in all three mentioned languages).
The expert will ensure the following:
- Customization for Target Countries: Adapt the content of the informative session to suit the specific needs and challenges faced by each of the target countries (Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, and Tunisia). Ensure that the content is relevant and applicable to the local green business ecosystem and policy framework.
- Enhanced Stakeholder Knowledge: Equip policymakers (public and local authorities, government, ministries, policymakers) and Business Support Organizations (BSOs) with a deep understanding of capitalisation processes, enabling them to make informed decisions and formulate effective strategies to support green business development.
- Promote Peer-to-Peer Learning: Foster an interactive and participatory environment during the informative sessions, encouraging stakeholders to share their experiences, insights, and challenges related to sustainable and green business support. Facilitate cross-learning and collaboration among participants.
- Knowledge Sharing and Upscaling: Facilitate the dissemination of knowledge and best practices in capitalisation among stakeholders in the target countries, enabling them to upscale sustainable and green business initiatives and policy measures.
The selected expert will report to the Project Manager of RESET and work closely with the project team to ensure smooth coordination and successful implementation of the informative sessions. Regular communication and updates with the project team will be expected.
- Session agenda and plan, submitted two weeks before the agreed first session date, in English
- Session material (presentation/ handouts/ etc.), submitted one week before the agreed training date, in the languages required for delivery in each country
- Attendance list for each session (to be developed in coordination with RESET’s consortium partners, where partners will support the expert in identifying and mapping potential invitees)
- Survey for the assessment of knowledge improvement and satisfaction of participants, in the languages required for delivery in each country
- Post-Session report summarising the outcomes of each informative session, including participant feedback, key takeaways, and actionable recommendations for follow-up action, in English
- Continuous coordination with the project team and providing regular updates
- Expertise in Capitalisation: A proven track record of expertise and hands-on experience in the field of capitalisation, particularly in the context of sustainable development, green economy, or entrepreneurship.
- Relevant Educational Background: A relevant advanced degree in economics, environmental studies, business administration, or a related field is desirable, complementing the expert's practical experience.
- Knowledge of Mediterranean Context: Familiarity with the economic, social, and environmental challenges faced by Mediterranean countries and a sound understanding of the green business landscape in the region.
- Training and Facilitation Skills: Demonstrated ability to conduct engaging and interactive training sessions, workshops, and capacity-building activities for diverse stakeholders, including policymakers and business support organizations.
- Cultural Sensitivity: Strong cross-cultural communication skills and the ability to adapt content and communication styles to suit diverse cultural contexts.
- Language Proficiency: Fluency in English is essential to communicate effectively, and proficiency in Arabic or French is preferred to facilitate interactions with stakeholders in the target countries.
- Previous Mediterranean Projects: Prior involvement in projects or initiatives related to sustainable development, green economy, or entrepreneurship in the Mediterranean region is advantageous.
- Gender and Youth Inclusion: Demonstrated commitment to promoting gender equality and youth inclusion in green business development initiatives.
- Networking and Collaboration: Proven ability to build effective partnerships and collaborate with various stakeholders, including government agencies, NGOs, and international organizations.
- Analytical and Report Writing Skills: Strong analytical skills and the ability to compile clear and concise reports, summarizing complex information and recommendations.
- Time Management and Flexibility: Ability to manage time effectively, adhere to deadlines, and adjust plans as per project requirements.
- Legal Compliance: The applicant must be of a nationality that does not have any Geopolitical conflicts with the 6 above mentioned countries.
DURATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT
October 2023 till November 2023
How to apply
Interested applicants should present:
- A resume that shows their previous experience and previous relevant work
- A technical proposal presenting the methodology and workplan
- A financial proposal in EUR including all costs to be incurred in the design and implementation of the scope of work
- The tenderer shall provide their financial proposal in a detailed breakdown form to include all costs related to the preparation and delivery of activity as per the below: (Please make sure to abide by the detailed cost breakdown. Proposals that do not strictly follow the format will not be considered). check the attached ToR.
- The compensation will be covered upon the full delivery of work and submission of all deliverables; more concerning the Schedule of Payments will be provided upon contract signing.
Submission should be done online to the following email: [email protected]
All submissions should be received by October 15th 2023 at 11:59PM (GMT+3) and should be signed by the applicant. Any submission post this deadline will be disqualified.Expired