Terms of Reference for the development of a Circular economy acceleration and incubation program- GIMED
Berytech, the leading entrepreneurship institution in Lebanon and a key regional player, brings 20 years of experience and successful local and regional track records in building and managing a dynamic entrepreneurship ecosystem for the creation and development of novel and sustainable businesses.
Berytech is the Lebanese partner of the ENI CBC Med funded GIMED project, a project aiming at supporting green entrepreneurs to better access finance and market in the Mediterranean. The project is providing trainings, coaching sessions, capacity building workshops and sub-grants to empower green business creation and green business development.
As part of the project’s capitalization plan, Berytech is dedicating part of its ongoing services to specialize in green business development and support and aiming at strengthening the ecosystem of green business support organization to better empower green entrepreneurs and SMEs. In consequence, Berytech is aiming at developing a “Circular economy acceleration and incubation program” with a regional dimension.
The developed program will act as a beacon of best practice locally and for the region to empower and grow green ventures. The consultant, with the help of Berytech team, will put together a green acceleration and incubation methodology to empower green entrepreneurs including, but not limited to:
- Tools, platforms, and networks already developed under the Switchmed program.
- Circular economy business strategies.
- Case studies and application exercises.
- Additional relevant resources and knowledge.
DEVELOPING THE ACCELERATION AND INCUBATION PROGRAM:
The main objective of the consultancy mission is to develop a program toolkit that includes a unified methodology, tools, and application exercises to empower green
scalable startups. This toolkit will be used by business and innovation support organizations to help their entrepreneurs.
Elements and methodologies to include:
- Development of green business model and plan leveraging on open innovation.
- Testing in the market and validation (green MVP development).
- Access to market and soft-landing guidelines.
- Green investment readiness.
- Types of green partnerships.
- Environmental impact.
The outputs of the mission are:
- An explanatory manual in the form of a toolkit including all tools, methodologies, guidelines, case studies and best practices on how to incubate and scale green startups.
- A PowerPoint summarizing the manual with professional design.
These outputs will be promoted on Berytech’s communication channels and shared with the GIMED partners and the donor.
Deliverables and Timeline
The Consultant will start the work after the validation of their offer by the contractor and the signature of an agreement and shall coordinate with Berytech team for the strategy and implementation along the whole process.
Concept note and outline
3 weeks after notification
First draft of the manual
7 weeks after notification
Second draft of the manual and first draft of the presentation and design
9 weeks after notification
Final manual + PowerPoint
12 weeks after notification
All the deliverables will have to be presented in English and validated by the Contractor within one week after the submission, before moving to the next step of the assignment. In addition, regular calls will be organized with the contractor. The final manual should be presented to the contractor in a proper format including design, layout, and content.
Equipment (if any), consumables, location rental, Graphic Design, should be included in the financial offer as a lump sum.
Applicants must fulfill the following requirements:
- Be an individual consultant/expert, firm, or association.
- Be able to comply with national fiscal context and rules for receipt of international funds.
- Partnership and subcontracting are allowed, provided that the legal applicant entity has a substantial role in implementing the assignment. The applicant will be the only legal entity with which the contract relation will be established.
- Have experience and track record in supporting green and sustainable entrepreneurs in Access to Finance, to Market, development of business plan...
- Have knowledge or experience in sustainability/green investments / impact investment and circular economy.
- Excellent English writing skills.
How to apply
How to apply and selection process
Candidates should submit the following documents:
- Technical: The Consultant should elaborate on a specific methodology to conduct the work. An implementation calendar should be delivered, including potential roundtable dates.
- Financial offer: a lump sum for all costs related to the implementation of event and elaboration of deliverables.
- Profile and project references: the consultant should submit professional CVs and project references on the topic.
Offers must be sent by email to [email protected] with the subject “GIMED Green investment roundtable for financiers”, by 28 March 2023, the latest.
The header of the technical and financial offers must clearly note the candidate data (Name, address, country, telephone, email and fiscal identity number or other official number) and those of the Contractor: Berytech Foundation, Constitution notices 26/AD, MOF #1429230, P.O. Box: 11-7503 Riad el Solh, Beirut, Lebanon. If you have questions concerning this ToR, please contact: [email protected] and [email protected]
Due to the high volume of applications received, only selected consultants/companies will be contacted.Expired