Technical expert (Business Model & Sustainability)
About Berytech: A leading organization in the Entrepreneurial Eco-system in Lebanon, that aims to provide a conducive environment for the creation and development of startups, through incubation, business support, counseling, funding, networking, and the company hosting, hence taking part in the economic revival of the country, participating in wealth and job creation, and retaining graduates and high-level skills in Lebanon.
About the program: “The generation of innovation leaders/Gil” is a program by UNICEF designed to address the high unemployment rates among youth in Lebanon & their lack of access to the knowledge economy. Under this project, Berytech aims to Increase access of Lebanese and Non-Lebanese youth (17-25 years) to technical and vocational training and innovative skills building programs for improved professional readiness and employability.
About the Fab Labs: UNICEF is working on implementing 3 Open-access digital fabrication labs in three innovation labs for students, professionals, artists, techies, entrepreneurs, and makers across Lebanon. The Fab labs empower them with the latest digital manufacturing technologies and a vast array of resources to create, fabricate, and transform their ideas into working prototypes and innovative products.
The Business Technical Expert will work on designing the sustainability model of the 3 Fab Labs in order to ensure that the spaces will remain operational after the end of the project duration. Additionally, the consultant will work on setting the visibility plan of the Fab Labs that will be used to promote the labs services and attract external users. Further to that, the consultant will conduct a market study/research to set the pricing lists and packages of the Fab Labs.
Business and sustainability plan goals
- Set up a business plan based on activities (Education and services) that will attract non-GiL beneficiaries while keeping a space for GiL beneficiaries to access the training workshops and Lab tools for free.
- Develop a sustainability plan that will be based on a service fee approach
- Set pricing lists and membership models that fit the pilot areas and community needs.
- Determine an annual budget for Fab Labs
- Map out direct and indirect competitors, including potential future competitors, for existing and potential revenue channels
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Operations, Research, Statistics, Math, Economics, or equivalent related practical experience. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Financial management experience with planning and business analysis (preferably in a manufacturing environment/Maker space)
- 3+ years of practical experience of using Microsoft Excel for building and maintaining financial models
- Experience within maker spaces/Fab Labs business models
- Experience conducting market research, including analyzing research reports
- Experience in marketing tools and channels
- Excellent spoken and written communication; comfort reaching out to and interviewing the company’s management, employees, and customer base
How to apply
For further information or to submit your proposal please contact:Expired