Internal Governance Expert – REAF Program – Incubation
Berytech is a leading organization in the Entrepreneurial Eco-system in Lebanon, that aims to provide a conducive environment for the creation and development of startups, through incubation, business support, counseling, funding, networking, and company hosting, hence taking part in the economic revival of the country, participating in wealth and job creation, and retaining graduates and high-level skills in Lebanon.
The Rural Entrepreneurs in Agri-Food (REAF) program aims at strengthening the business and product viability of innovative startups tackling sustainable rural economic development operating in South Mount Lebanon, Central and West Bekaa. The program will provide the startups with the tools to transform their ideas into sustainable and profitable businesses. REAF’s youth training will enhance their entrepreneurship mentality and entry into the job market.
The Accelerator Program's mission is to nurture and grow disruptive ideas, proof of concepts, and prototypes that share three common characteristics:
- A disruptive scientific or technological focus in agri-food, eco-tourism, circular economy, and sustainable agriculture.
- The possibility to scale in the local market and beyond that.
- The potential to create sustainable job opportunities locally.
The REAF Program seeks an Internal Governance expert to deliver the following requirements:
- Assist startups in establishing sound internal governance frameworks, including the formation of boards and committees, and the development of internal policies.
- The foundations of governance practices
- Best practices for strategies and partnerships, people and resources, technology and IP, and processes and accountability.
- The difference between the different phases of startup growth and the needed governance level at each phase.
- How to create a board of advisors and maintain board meetings
- How to manage relationships between a company’s management, it’s board. It’s shareholders and other stakeholders.
- The Structure through which the objectives of the company are set, the means of attaining those objectives and monitoring performance.
- At least 7 years of experience as a Consultant, Trainer, or similar role, preferably with a startup or in a startup environment
- Strong Governance and Compliance knowledge and skills
- Practical governance implementation or relevant experience
- Ability to effectively prepare and deliver training programs especially with Startups
- Strong communications skills
- Fluent in English
- Strategic thinking and analytical execution.
• Conduct a full-day in-person workshop on Internal Governance for the 8 REAF startups.
• The startups will have established sound governance frameworks, including the formation of boards and committees, and the development of internal policies.
•Implement best practices for board effectiveness, accountability, and transparency.
• Provide 16 one-on-one Internal Governance clinics (60 minutes each) to each of the 8 startups, addressing their individual needs, leading to proper and well-structured internal governance of their Startup.
• Written feedback on every startup’s performance.
How to apply
To apply, please submit your proposal (technical and financial with a budget breakdown per workshop and per clinic and a total of all the activity) along with your resume and work/ project portfolio by email to: [email protected] before October 6, 2023.
NB: due to the high number of applications, only the selected supplier will be selected.