Call for financial Consultant- ARYAF- on the side
Context & Background
Berytech is a leading organization in the Entrepreneurial Ecosystem in Lebanon that aims to provide a conducive environment for the creation and development of startups through incubation, business support, counseling, funding, networking, and the company hosting, hence taking part in the economic revival of the country, participating in wealth and job creation, and retaining graduates and high-level skills in Lebanon.
About ARYAF PROJECT
ARYAF serves Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises operating in food processing, local hospitality, tourism, the restaurant industry, eco-tourism, and agri-tourism within west Bekaa, Zahle, and South Mount Lebanon.
The program aims to empower sixty MSMEs (Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises) to increase their sales volume, implement a business continuity plan, and train their staff, including youth, women, and disabled individuals.
The program is funded by The German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft für International Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), in partnership with Berytech, within the framework of Strengthening Agriculture, Local Communities and Small and Medium Enterprises project (ACE).
Scope of Work
The Financial Consultant responsibility is to help maintain the SME’s financial health, and to provide guidance on cash management and day-to-day company expenses and on investment decision,
The financial consultant should configure a back-office system for a food and beverage entity hoping to increase its profit and to improve productivity.
Financial Consultant obligations include forecasting costs and revenues, conducting risk assessment and Analysis methods for financial plans and evaluating capital expansion options.
Financial Consultant responsibilities include:
- Assessing company’s financial position, daily transaction analysis, report generation, supply system and inventory management, cost and expense management, procurement process, sales and revenue, and financial procedures.
- Analyzing investment plans.
- Sourcing and evaluating capital expansion options.
The financial consultant will provide financial guidance and analysis to control purchases and expenses and to ensure the profitability and to reach desired achievements of a food and beverage business. The financial consultant will provide expert advice and perceptions to ensure ideal functioning.
The financial consultant is expected to fulfill key responsibilities as below and to keep a presence on site that facilitates establishing and monitoring the whole financial system. And in addition, he is expected to provide learning sessions for the concerned departments.
- Financial tool: Develop or adapt a back-office system, oversee, and manage operations.
- Create standard operating procedures for the back of the house and provide all necessary paperwork.
- Establish inventory items and put into action a daily branch inventory setup that accounts for stock variances and daily branch costs for each branch.
- Establish a system for product cycle and adjustment to monitor deviations and waste.
- Create precise costing for sales menu items, recipes, and productions, so they can assess the profitability of each source of income.
- Set up a system for receiving, storing, and issuing purchased invoices for auditing purposes.
- Set up a system to track item movement, cash closure, and sales (voids, transfers, discounts, etc.).
- Make the necessary adjustments to ensure that the system configuration is 100% accurate.
- To increase efficiency, provide daily, weekly, and monthly reporting forms that should be distributed to all levels of management.
- Designing the inventory and back-office systems
- Examine and adjust each department's P.O.S., back office, and inventory.
- Examine and adjust sales data (categories, items, menus, and locations) as necessary.
- Set up the back-office system and approve access as necessary.
- Supply the necessary documentation and workflow for the operation unit to branches to function correctly.
- Install a reliable back up to prevent data loss.
- Training in managing the back-office system and generating reports.
- Training covers all aspects of the system, including the back office and dependable backup to prevent data loss.
- Practice entering data and analyzing records.
- Financial Compliance, Auditing and Reporting
- Ensure compliance with financial regulations, accounting standards, and tax requirements.
- Provide guidelines for financial reporting and auditing including income statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements, and financial performance metrics.
- Risk Assessment:
- Identify financial risks associated with the project and develop risk mitigation strategies.
- Provide recommendations to minimize financial uncertainties and enhance project profitability.
Deliver a detailed project overview, showcasing the implementation progress and qualitative and quantitative results of the intervention.
- Proven work experience as a Financial Consultant, Financial Adviser, and previous experience in the hospitality sector.
- Hands-on experience with accounting software and statistical packages
- Good knowledge of fiscal policies, financial regulations, and compliance standards.
- Excellent analytical skills, along with the ability to create detailed reports and spreadsheets.
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or a related field. A master’s degree or relevant certifications (e.g., CFA, CPA) is highly desirable.
How to apply
Timeline and Application
The selected Consultant is expected to start their activities the soonest after selection (the effective date is to be confirmed), and the contract’s duration is three months including frequent site visits during implantation ( At least 3 / month).
Candidates should submit the following documents:
- Technical Proposal (maximum two pages) describing the methodology to conduct the work based on the content suggested in the section: “Scope of Work, Outputs, and Deliverables,” elaborating it further.
- Profile and project references (maximum two pages): A brief explanation of the consultant(s) background should be submitted (CVs shall be included as an annex) along with project references on the topic.
- Financial Proposal describing the expected remuneration and the proposed period of the intervention divided as per the deliverables listed above.
The firms and/or consultants are required to perform a pre-assessment visit/call to the business to assess and quote accordingly.
The contact person and the contact phone number are as follows:
Pierre Abi Younes: +961 03 203 310
Documents and proposals must be sent to [email protected] by December 15th, 2023, at the latest, with the subject: “ARYAF- Financial Consultant - On the side.”
Important: The header of the technical and financial offers must clearly note the candidate data (Name, address, country, telephone, email and fiscal identity number or other official number).Expired