Call for Certification expert - STAND Up! Textile Eco-Innovation Challenge
Context & Background
Berytech is a leading organization in the Entrepreneurial Eco-system in Lebanon, that aims to provide a conducive environment for the creation and development of startups, through incubation, business support, counseling, funding, networking, and company hosting, hence taking part in the economic revival of the country, participating in wealth and job creation, and retaining graduates and high-level skills in Lebanon.
About STAND Up!
Berytech is the implementing partner in Lebanon of STAND Up! Sustainable Textile Action for Networking and Development of circular economy business ventures in the Mediterranean, an EU-funded project under the ENI CBC Med programme.
The STAND Up! project addresses the need for transition to an environmentally and socially responsible circular model in the textile sector, a traditional key industry in the Mediterranean with an undoubtful cross-border nature.
About the activity
With the aim of empowering the Fashion, Clothing, and Textile industry in Lebanon, Berytech is launching the Textile Eco-Innovation Challenge that offers the opportunity to develop sustainable innovations by entrepreneurs for companies in this field.
SCOPE OF WORK AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- To research certifications that are beneficial for Miqias growth and support the startup in acquiring it/them.
- To draft a detailed and practical plan of attaining each of the applicable certifications
Requirements and Deliverables:
The consultant will be working on the "scope of work" while adding complementary suggestions and personal input to achieve the desired outcome based on the startup’s needs and roadmap.
The consultant will identify quality assurance and sustainable operations certification and support in the application process. The mission will be implemented between May 2023 and July 2023 for two working weeks.
- A track record of experience working with design ateliers and startups.
- Experienced in quality assurance, compliance, and certifications with a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Effective communicator with any audience in an organized and professional manner.
- Knowledge of the textile industry.
- A preferred experience in sustainability, zero waste & ethical production, and fair-trade standards and certifications.
- A preferred background of knowledge in textile furniture.
- Experts or firms will be selected based on:
- The proposal suggested for the program’s objectives
- Experts bio, proven track records and experience in the required field
- Budget scope
How to apply
Kindly submit your proposal including the company profile, the offer, timeline, and budget by email to:
[email protected] copying Ms. Jessica Ghaoui, Business Development Manager; [email protected]
with the subject “Call for experts – STAND Up! Eco-Innovation Challenge 1” by June 5th, 2023.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only selected consultants/companies will be contacted.Expired