Proposal Development and Fundraising Strategy Consultant
Under the “Support for Enhanced Peacebuilding in Tripoli” project, BRIC is working in partnership with the Women Coalition for Tripoli (WCT) to implement the project activities. The WCT was established in 2015 and developed its Charter and launched its operations in the city in 2016.
The WCT is established to empower local women and provide them with instruments, tools and mechanisms to contribute to enhancing educational capabilities and opening local economic opportunities via coaching, networking, market and financial resources.
The main development objectives towards the WCT under this project are 1) institutionalization and 2) operationalization of the WCT, with the vision to have WCT as an entity working to be self-sustained independently from BRIC in a timeframe of 5 years (starting 2015).
To support the Women Coalition for Tripoli to develop a fundraising strategy and ensure the suitability of its work.
- Training course on Proposal Development and Fundraising Approaches.
- Fundraising strategy development workshop.
- Fundraising strategy document and action plan.
- Conduct interviews with key WCT and BRIC members to understand existing portfolio and identify potential areas for development and scope for future activities.
- Deliver a training to build the capacity of core collation members on Proposal Development and fundraising approaches.
- Design and facilitate a workshop with WCT members to develop the funding strategy.
- Design workshop evaluation questionnaire, pre and post-tests to measure knowledge improvement of the participants.
- Develop the fundraising strategy document based on the coalition’s charter and the input from active members provided during the workshop.
- Guide and support coalition members to conduct a mapping of opportunities for fundraising and potential instruments to raise funds.
- Up to 8 working days within a period of 2 months.
- The consultant is expected to start in November 2018.
- Degree (preferably MA) in social sciences or related discipline or the equivalent work experience
- Experience in fundraising tools and proposal development for institutional donors
- Previous experience of working in the humanitarian/development sector
- Strong communication and facilitation skills
- Experience in training delivery and coaching
- Ability to fluently speak, read, write and work in Arabic
- Good team player while able to work independently with minimal guidance
- Strong organisational skills, detail oriented with ability to produce accurate work under tight deadlines.
- North Lebanon