Please include "Logistics Officer" in the subject line of the email (emails with no subject line will be discarded) - Due to a large number of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted - Basmeh & Zeitooneh is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Basmeh and Zeitooneh is a registered Lebanese organization, committed to serving refugees and vulnerable communities in Lebanon, through four community centers across the country. The organization runs educational, relief, livelihoods, and protection programs, and aims to serve as an inclusive and supportive focal point for the entire community.
Job Purpose: To perform administrative and logistics tasks in the community center
- Coordinate with the Projects Managers and concerned recipients on the delivery of items.
- Logistics Officer must be aware of logistics-related actors, services, and opportunities in the location.
- Handle Logistics & Procurement issues related to the Small Grants Project
- Ensure regular rent, utility payments (electricity, water, gas, etc.), and running costs are paid in coordination with the center’s accountant/finance officer
- Assets Management of the center
- Ensure that all necessary documentation & transfers are documented, and donor filing is updated
- Ensure compliance with B&Z Logistics Handbook, other B&Z policies, and donor requirements in all procedures and processes
- Ensure safe and efficient transport materials/goods
- Supervise all the warehouse movements and report it accordingly
- Conduct annual evaluation performance appraisals for the Logistics Support & Warehouse Keeper
- Coordination with all service providers in the center’s area
- In charge of all the maintenance needed for the center
- Delegating tasks professionally for his team
- Coordination with external helpers for work-related issues
- Managing drivers and center’s vehicles movement in coordination with the center coordinator.
- Coordinating all the center needs ( refreshment, supplies, utilities..)
- Updating the management with all new services available in the region that can help center in our needs.
- Coordinate with various units to ensure that all requests presented adhere to B&Z’s policies & procedures
- Applying the code of conducts and the standards of Basmeh & Zeitooneh
- Administrative professionalism ( documentation and filing )
- Inventory Accuracy
- Assets Management
- Center needs
- Team Leading
- Proficiency in inventory software, as well as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Communication Skills
- Ability to multitask and deal with stressful situations.
- Ability to adapt to the working environment.
- Ability to work in a team setting