In the framework of Asmae’s Country Strategy, the Project Officer will be in charge of the implementation of Asmae’s running projects implemented with partners for children, youth and their families (Syrian and Palestinian refugees, Lebanese host community). These projects are reaching different areas in Lebanon including Beirut, North, South and Bekaa. As such, s/he will be responsible for the overall coordination, monitoring and reporting of the project, and be the projects’ main focal point for partners
In line with Asmae’s values and response mode, the Project Officer will be in charge of the following:
Operational project management
- Contribute to formally open the partnership with partners;
- Organize project preparation workshop(s) and project launching events in close cooperation with the partners;
- Ensure the smooth planning and organization of activities with the partners within the timeframe and in accordance with contractual commitments;
- Support and train partners in the implementation of activities and strengthen their management-monitoring-evaluation-reporting capacities;
- Organize and/or facilitate regular meetings with the partners (networking, steering committees, etc.);
- Ensure Asmae’s operational tools are used (partner evaluation form, partnership agreement, action plan, monitoring and evaluation dashboard, etc.);
- Gather and centralize information on project activities;
- Establish a close collaboration with the Technical Advisor to follow-up the activities implemented during the project
- Prepare narrative progress and final reports in line with the format and time schedule indicated by the donor(s);
- Contribute to the projects evaluations internally and externally.
- Daily detailed follow up with partners
- Monitor the administration of partnership relations;
- Perform regular field visits to the partners’ locations and implementation sites.
- Support the Project & Partnership Manager in drafting concept notes and project proposals.
- Ensure compliance with the procedures and budgetary framework of the projects;
- Ensure adherence to the administrative time schedule of financing agreements (transfer of Asmae funds, transfer of partner funds, deadlines for reports, deadlines for the performance of financial audits, etc.);
- Carry out financial and administrative monitoring of partners, together with the Administration & Finance Officer;
- Contribute to monthly budget monitoring in accordance with the validation procedure (budget-line spending, flexibility between items, expenditure projections to the end of the project);
- Contribute to budgeting for amendments;
- Contribute to financial reports intended for the donor(s);
- Ensures that records are kept in accordance with the established procedures
- Contribute to preparations for, and support the Administration & Finance Officer in financial audits.
- Participate and actively contribute in team meetings and seminars organized by Asmae;
- Participate in meeting with the donor(s) if requested;
- Support monitoring missions undertaken by headquarters;
- Represent the organization at meetings and in other activities;
- Contribute to the development of communication tools;
- Follow the local security and safety rules and procedures and participate in the security context analysis.
- Represent Asmae in external meetings and working groups if asked by the line-management and after receiving the Country Representative’s approval
- Any administrative or other tasks entrusted by the Project & Partnership Manager and/or the Country Representative (i.e.: organization of meetings or workshops).
Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience working with NGOs.
• Strong knowledge in Monitoring and Evaluation.
• Experience working in protection, education /vocational training is critical.
• Experience on livelihood and crosscutting activities, including gender is a plus.
• Multi-sectorial knowledge is highly preferred.
• Significant knowledge and understanding of the current political, economic, cultural and historical context of the Beqaa, south, North in addition to the Palestinian and Syrian camps including prior experience is an asset.
• Strong communication skills, with good understanding of relevant cross-cultural issues.
• Good reporting skills (Donor reporting experience is a plus).
• Positive, respectful attitude and collaborative approach to problem solving.
• Demonstrated attention to detail; ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently as well as cooperatively with team members.
• Proficiency in English (writing and oral) and Arabic is essential. French is a plus.
This position will be reporting to the Projects and partnersip Manager.