Urban Agriculture Project Supervisor
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online on arcenciel's careers website: http://www.arcenciel.org/careers/
General Objectives & Tasks:
1. Managing the urban agriculture unit replication strategy on a national level
- Identification of potential clients/sites for new urban gardens units
- Support the research and project design unit within the agriculture program in new project conception related to the urban agriculture sector
- Coordination of the implementation of funded projects in relation with the urban agriculture unit
- Connecting with different involved stakeholders and potential partners (research institute, universities, private landscape companies, other NGO’s….)
- Update continuously the urban agriculture unit strategy and action plan based on the actual needs of the sector
- Follow up on the urban agriculture unit branding strategy
2. Production management of the center’s rooftop garden unit
- Establish the production plan over one year
- Place orders for the purchase of raw materials
- Ensure the sale of the production in the center in coordination with the management of the center
- Liaise with the accounting department for project purchases and sales (invoicing, receipts / disbursements ...)
- Participate in the development and monitoring of the unit budget with the program management
- Monitor the various stages of production on a daily basis (check the proper functioning of the sprinkler system, identify production problems, etc.) and request technical support from the program management
- Determine the harvest periods and carry out the harvests.
- In the event of overproduction, provide for the sale of products in other centers of the association or near the center in question.
- Communicate the project internally and externally in coordination with the marketing department and integrating it into the program communication.
- Drafting procedures and capitalization of the all the work done under the urban agriculture unit
3. Research and development:
- Define research and development choices according to the needs of the urban agriculture market.
- Conceive new products and improve current production.
- Optimization of the existing urban gardens structure based on customers feedback and market input
- Develop new packaging designs for produce in coordination with the marketing team.
- Participate in feasibility and briefing meetings.
- Support, present and ensure legitimacy, relevance and feasibility of the research choices.
- Optimizing existing ranges and working with the marketing department for the products of tomorrow.
- Offer substitute products and constantly improve existing formulas
- Perform legal research activities regarding green construction regulations and opportunities of the sector
4. Stock Management:
- Manage stock and inventory which include purchase of equipment and tools required for daily operations as well as raw material.
- Keep records and documentation as well as update all the information.
- Document and record all sales transactions and pest/disease history.
- Document the use of agricultural amendments.
- Knowledge in agriculture and previous experience with NGOs.
- Familiarity with green buildings different certifications.
- Project management experience.
- Organizational skills
- Active Listening
- Respect of deadlines
- Diligent and meticulous
- Autonomous and Proactive.
- Team player
- Detail Oriented
Working Schedule: Monday till Friday, from 9 Am till 5 Pm.
Contract Type: 1 year.