Financial Reporting Officer
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online via arcenciel's careers website: https://www.arcenciel.org/careers/
General objectives and tasks:
1- Ensure the capitalization of all the records of the grants in progress:
- Collect and record all the supporting documents necessary for sound reporting and monitoring of grants (invoices, receipts, bank statements, payroll, contracts, etc.).
- Follow up on outstanding documentation with the team on the field.
- Identify and allocate the accounting data related to covered grants.
- Include tagging data on the designated accounting system with the coverage amount (excluding/including tax & VAT), currency, budget line.
- Maintain a database of financial elements for each grant (General ledger database extract, spending plans, and general financial budget follow up reports).
- Receive and facilitate donors’ auditing missions.
- Perform timely classification and filing for all relevant documentation.
- Request the payments to suppliers.
- Request the payments from donors.
- Ensure availability of funds.
- Perform monthly reconciliation of accounts.
- Maintain Journal Entry / Cash books.
2- Ensure the validity of documents and their compliance with the financial regulations and procedures:
- Analyze completed and planned activities of the budget as well as making projections with the aim of preventing possible cash flow gaps and under/overspending of the planned budget.
- Check that the bank operations and transactions recorded on the system match with the hard copies and bank statements
- Update the financial progress chart of the projects based on the indicators set by the donors.
- Compile and report all relevant data in the form of specific reports required by each donor/partner.
3- Ensure sound reporting of financial data according to the requirements and the calendar of donors:
- Prepare and have all records and data ready for a general spot check or an audit.
- Communicate financial progress reports to the project coordinators/managers in a sound and timely manner.
- Act as a focal point for assistance and awareness on compliance and grants’ regulations to the general implementing team.
- Communicate with donors on unclear regulations and reports with the intent to regulate the matter.
- Assimilation of reports drafting techniques
- Respect of deadlines
- Listening skills
- Good communication
- Flexibility with availability
Contract type: 1 year contract (Renewable)
Working schedule: Monday till Friday from 9:00 am till 5:00 pm.