Social Media Content Creator - Internship
Please apply ONLY if your qualifications meet the job requirements, namely the educational background and relevant experience.
Due to the large number of applications received, only short-listed candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. We reserve the right to remove the vacancy ad if we appoint a suitable candidate before the given closing date. Any résumés received after that time will not be considered.
Ana Aqra is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment against any applicant because of individual differences and disabilities. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other protected group.
Ana Aqra and its employees and stakeholders are committed to the core principles regarding protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse laid out by the UN Secretary-General and the Inter-Agency Standing Committee (IASC) and adhere to the Safeguarding and Child Protection policies at all times.
The Social Media Content Creator promotes the Association’s programs, products, and services by developing copy for websites, social media, marketing materials, and other platforms and creating engaging material to reach public audiences. He/she promotes collaboration between internal stakeholders to ensure consistency in branding and outputs.
Duties and responsibilities
- Create marketing and social media campaigns, including content creation and implementation schedules for different social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and others.
- Ensure brand and identity consistency in marketing and social media messages by working with various team members.
- Coordinate with the program managers on a weekly basis to gather the needed information to highlight Ana Aqra’s programs, products, and services through weekly posts and stories.
- Create and distribute engaging written or graphic content in the form of social media messages.
- Use social media marketing tools (e.g., boosting) to increase traffic to our pages.
- Monitor user engagement and suggest content optimization to improve marketing strategies.
- Respond to comments, questions, and complaints in a timely manner.
- Using social media to engage consumers, respond to questions or complaints, and to promote company initiatives.
- Promote live events ahead of time through teaser stories, posts and reminders and cover events and celebrated international days through stories, photos, or live if needed.
Educational Requirements and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in English, marketing, communications, or a similar field.
- Experience creating strong, engaging content.
- Experience with major Social Media platforms and management tools
- Demonstrated excellence in writing, proofreading, and editing.
- Excellent research, organizational, and time management skills.
- Strong communication skills in English and Arabic
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Creative, self-motivated, and detail oriented