Life Skills Expert
Please apply ONLY if your qualifications meet the job requirements, namely the educational background and relevant experience.
Due to the large number of applications received, only short-listed candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. We reserve the right to remove the vacancy ad if we appoint a suitable candidate before the given closing date. Any résumés received after that time will not be considered.
Ana Aqra is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment against any applicant because of individual differences and disabilities. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other protected group.
Ana Aqra and its employees and stakeholders are committed to the core principles regarding protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse laid out by the UN Secretary-General and the Inter-Agency Standing Committee (IASC) and adhere to the Safeguarding and Child Protection policies at all times.
About Ana Aqra: Ana Aqra Association is a non-profit, non-sectarian, non-political organization that targets the educational, cultural and psychosocial needs of vulnerable children of Lebanese public schools and their communities. Our Vision is to make learning accessible to all children and our main mission is to foster an equitable and sustainable learning environment for everyone.
About the project: The USAID-funded QITABI3 project is designed to build on the success of past USAID investments through the QITABI and QITABI 2 mechanisms that had significant MEHE support. This project will strengthen MEHE’s ownership, and desire for the development and strengthening of national level evidence-based quality education. QITABI 3 will build upon past partnership and collaboration with the MEHE and leverage the MEHE commitment to bring the quality early grade learning to national scale while providing the requisite technical assistance and financial resources to support the MEHE and relevant partners. This project will work with MEHE and CERD to design and implement targeted interventions to improve reading, math, social and emotional learning, and life skills and youth programs for students, including children with disabilities, by building the institutional capacity of government counterparts to deliver quality education services.
The Life Skills Expert will lead on and contribute to the development and integration of life skills education program that will meet the needs for Lebanon’s youth attending intermediate and secondary level and their teachers as part of life skills curriculum track that Ana Aqra is leading within the QITABI 3 project. The Ana Aqra expert will provide targeted technical assistance to the Center for Education and Research and Development (CERD) “curriculum” track on life skills for the intermediate and secondary level. The expert shall collaborate closely with CERD and the QITABI 3 team and other partners to ensure the successful development and integration of life skills education and strengthening the capacities of key stakeholders. Key responsibilities include:
- Curriculum Development:
- Conduct literature and desk review on existing practices and research studies on Life Skills,
- Analyze the findings and report on the existing life skills education approaches, curricula, and relevant resources.
- Work collaboratively with CERD and QITABI 3’s team to design a comprehensive and culturally relevant life skills content tailored to the needs of middle and high school learners and their teachers.
- Develop engaging and interactive materials, resources, and training aids on Life Skills that align with MEHE and CERD priorities.
- Stakeholder Engagement:
- Attend periodical meeting and lead the discussion with CERD experts on the life skills content, teacher training package, monitoring and evaluation.
- Collaborate with Ana Aqra's program managers, educators, and external partners to gather insights and perspectives on the needs of the target audience.
- Engage with relevant stakeholders to ensure the content aligns with local context, educational standards, and societal norms.
- Coordinate closely with the QITABI3 partners implementing career guidance and foreign language for intermediate and secondary level.
- Curriculum Implementation and Capacity Building:
- Provide guidance on pedagogical approaches, interactive methodologies, and best practices for facilitating engaging sessions.
- Facilitate the capacity building sessions of the CERD master trainers and teacher training sessions.
- Design and facilitate capacity strengthening sessions for QITABI3 team and other Ana Aqra staff members on the developed materials and resources.
- Assessment and Improvement:
- Monitor the implementation of the life skills program content and gather feedback from educators, participants, and stakeholders.
- Continuously assess the effectiveness of the materials and resources and recommend improvements based on feedback and outcomes.
- Documentation and Reporting:
- Document progress, collect relevant minutes of meetings, to present and share accordingly.
- Deliver the Life Skills comprehensive package and resources in Arabic and English.
- Prepare and submit regular progress reports.
- Document and present success stories, challenges, and lessons learned to inform program enhancements and future initiatives.
- Take on additional tasks and responsibilities beyond those explicitly outlined in the job description, as the needs of the project and organization may evolve…
- A minimum of a Master's degree in Education, Social Sciences, Social Work, Human services, Psychology, or a related field.
- Proven experience in designing and developing effective life skills education curricula, materials and resources. Certification in Life Skills is preferred.
- Understanding of the educational and social challenges within the Lebanese and regional context.
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience in training and capacity building for educators or facilitators.
- Proficiency in curriculum design, content creation, and educational technology.