To apply for this position, click here (you will need to log in to your Google account to upload your CV).
Please apply ONLY if your qualifications meet the job requirements, namely the educational background and relevant experience.
Due to the large number of applications received, only short-listed candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. We reserve the right to remove the vacancy ad if we appoint a suitable candidate before the given closing date. Any résumés received after that time will not be considered.
Ana Aqra is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment against any applicant because of individual differences and disabilities. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other protected group.
Ana Aqra and its employees and stakeholders are committed to the core principles regarding protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse laid out by the UN Secretary-General and the Inter-Agency Standing Committee (IASC) and adhere to the Safeguarding and Child Protection policies at all times.
The Finance Officer oversees the day-to-day financial operations of the association and ensures timely and accurate financial reports are submitted to management and to donors.
Duties and responsibilities
- Support the Finance Manager with projects’ financial operations and tasks when required.
- Conduct periodic financial analysis to identify and resolve issues, gaps, or variances.
- Manage cash controls and ensure bookkeeping is up-to-date.
- Maintain accurate general and subsidiary ledgers.
- Assist with preparation and monitoring of annual comprehensive budgets and all financial reports.
- Participate in the development of budget proposals.
- Perform scanning and filing of financial records and ensure proper backup of all files.
- Perform the reconciliation and verification of accounts with banks.
- Process and post journal entries and adjustments into the accounting system to ensure all transactions are recorded.
- Ensure that invoices from suppliers are paid in accordance with agreed-upon terms and conditions.
- Prepare social security contributions and income tax reports and send them to auditors on a monthly/quarterly basis.
- Review the financial reporting and purchasing guidelines of the donor and report discrepancies.
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Ensure the collection and filing of all legal documents of all salaried employees.
- Communicate with project managers and other departments to ensure project implementation is in line with budget guidelines and prepare minutes of meetings for documentation.
- Ensure the correct budget is posted in the accounting system, complete appropriate forms for advances and reimbursements from the donors, and prepare related financial reports.
- Ensure compliance with Lebanese Labor Law and other relevant laws.
- Update the Project Manager and the Finance Manager of the financial burden if any, on the association.
- Ensure confidentiality of financial information and plans.
- Perform weekly visits to the bank to facilitate bank transactions.
- Perform other related tasks as requested by the Finance Manager.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Min 3 years of proven experience as a Finance Officer. NGO experience is a plus.
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures and principles.
- Experience in creating financial statements.
- Working knowledge of reporting requirements for donors.
- Experience using financial software
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Good written and oral communication skills in Arabic and English
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
The Finance Officer works primarily in an office environment during business operating hours and depending on the urgency of the project, he/she may be required to work beyond official working hours in order to successfully manage complex situations and procedures.