Education Field Officer - Akkar
Please apply ONLY if your qualifications meet the job requirements, namely the educational background and relevant experience.
Due to the large number of applications received, only short-listed candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. We reserve the right to remove the vacancy ad if we appoint a suitable candidate before the given closing date. Any résumés received after that time will not be considered.
Ana Aqra is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment against any applicant because of individual differences and disabilities. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other protected group.
Ana Aqra and its employees and stakeholders are committed to the core principles regarding protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse laid out by the UN Secretary-General and the Inter-Agency Standing Committee (IASC) and adhere to the Safeguarding and Child Protection policies at all times.
The Education Field Officer interacts with a variety of groups and individuals in school settings, learning community centers, and the community at large. He/she provides support to teachers, teacher assistants, and vendors, coordinates resources, collects and records data, reports from various source points, and acts as their point of contact. He/she facilitates project implementation by reaching out to all relevant beneficiaries, ensuring a safe and enabling learning environment, engaging parents, and improving teacher and student performance.
Duties and responsibilities:
Uphold the integrity and values of the Ana Aqra Association through words and actions, and foster the development of diverse concepts and new ideas.
On the operation level:
- Facilitate and communicate program component procedures to teachers and school administrators in order to provide an enabling teaching environment that hosts a community of learners.
- Conduct necessary outreach (learners/stakeholders), such as contacting schools, centers/center owners, and assisting procurement in vendor identification.
- Document all data for the project database on Ana Aqra's CRM or any other identified system.
- Implement the work plan and closely monitor the specified indicators in collaboration with the line manager.
- Keep track of and update data on learner attendance, stakeholder attendance, and dropout rates.
- Assist in the collection of contracts, attendance sheets, and other documents as needed.
- Ensure proper signatures and information on attendance sheets.
- Extract reports to compare data recording to attendance sheets.
- Issue the necessary purchase requests (PRs) and follow up on this task with the line manager.
- Receive and document goods received, and ensure necessary paperwork is submitted to the procurement department.
- Respond in a timely manner to requests shared by the line manager.
- Facilitate parent meetings and encourage parental participation.
On the teaching quality level:
- Ensure instructional effectiveness and the application of best teaching practices consistent with the QTL approach.
- Monitor student progress using assessment and evaluation tools and by observing, documenting, and submitting reports.
- Conduct classroom walk-throughs to evaluate and advise on classroom environment and teaching practices.
- Conduct teacher coaching visits and document the outcomes using the teacher observation tool.
- Track teachers’ performance and analyze the recorded data to develop an intervention plan based on needs.
On the development level:
- Participate in all required professional development/training to acquire the knowledge, skills, and instructional strategies necessary to effectively impact instructional practices.
- Cascade learning to team members to build their capacities and enhance the quality of the teaching approach.
- Identify barriers and challenges while providing evidence to the line manager to support mitigating the issues.
On the reporting level:
- Document all filed activities in writing and submit them to the line manager on a regular basis.
- Document the parents' meeting and collect relevant data if a focus group discussion is held.
- Use all project reporting templates to report to the line manager on a regular basis.
- Use the monitoring and evaluation templates to ensure proper implementation and progress toward goals.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies preferable in Education or a relevant degree
- Min 2-4 years of experience in Field Work with a focus on education
- Fluency in spoken and written Arabic and a very good command of English
- Excellent computer skills, Excel in particular
- Knowledgeable of the community they live in and its geography
- Good problem-solving skills
- Understanding and implementing work plans
- Ability to prioritize and communicate clearly with all members of his/her team.
- Understanding of current educational challenges
- Commitment to the child
- Having a car and the ability to drive long distances.
An EFO job requires the job incumbent to be:
- Always present in the school/center during operation.
- Working during the week and/or on weekends based on the school/center needs.
- Coordinating with different departments to ensure that all logistical issues are resolved.
- Working with children, in and out of school, in multicultural settings.
- Interacting with new and experienced teachers, as well as teaching assistants.
- Interacting with community members such as parents, guardians, vendors, and local officials.