Project Coordinator - Renaissance Arts & Cultural Center / Barouk - Chouf
Please send your CV to [email protected] with ‘Arts Project Coordinator' in the subject line.
AMURT Lebanon Background
AMURT’s mission is to help improve the quality of life for the poor and disadvantaged people of the world, and those affected by calamity and conflict. It aims to assist individuals and communities to secure life’s necessities and to gain greater social and economic fulfillment, while honoring individuals’ customs, language, and religious beliefs.
AMURT Lebanon registered in 2012 as an independent charitable organization and is affiliated with the AMURT Global Network, headquartered in Washington, USA.
Since 2012, AMURT has been addressing hardships that people living in Lebanon are experiencing. Its programs have ranged from disaster relief and emergency response, to psychosocial support, diverse education programs, child protection, social stability, and is currently focusing on the livelihoods sector.
Community Arts Center for Children, Youth, and Adults
The Community Arts Center, funded by KNH Germany and implemented by AMURT Lebanon, provides a free space that responds to children and youth’s constantly evolving interests and needs, and provides positive outlets for expression for adults too. Interactive programs are offered for different ages, including courses and workshops in theatre, dance, music, photography, movie nights, awareness sessions, and more.
To provide overall leadership and management of the Community Arts Center, lead the implementation of the project activities, ensure project deliverables are met as per the proposal, and to supervise and provide technical assistance to project staff.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead development and implementation of the Arts Project. This includes:
- Raising awareness about the project and its activities
- Offering artistic & cultural courses & workshops to children, youth, and adults
- Gathering a group of volunteer youth and involved adults for steering the project
- Organizing events periodically together with the team and community members
- Support all activities and ensure minimum standards for Child Protection are maintained
- Ensure progress is achieved on the indicators of the project
- Periodically review the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) systems, in collaboration with M&E Officer, including the development of M&E tools and methodology, management of reporting mechanisms and information flow, and analysis of program data and impact
- Together with the Arts & Cultural Specialist, continuously identify program gaps, areas of growth, and strategies and support in adapting program design to effectively meet the beneficiaries’ needs
- Lead the preparation and compilation of weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting in collaboration with M&E reporting team and Arts & Cultural Specialist
- Lead regular staff meetings to discuss progress, challenges faced, proposed action plans, etc
- Report to the Program Coordinator monthly on quantitative and qualitative progress, serious issues of concern and team spirit. Report immediately any urgent need of support or serious matters of concern
- Maintain working partnerships and good communication with representatives of other CBOs, municipalities, local community groups, etc
- Attend monthly UN working group meetings for Arts & Culture, Child Protection, etc
- Liaise with other centers/CBOs in the area as needed
- Liaise with the AMURT’s Program Coordinator as needed.
Human Resources and Capacity Building
- In collaboration with the Admin & HR officer and with the Arts & Cultural Specialist, identify staffing needs and ensure that appropriate staff for the project are recruited
- Supervise and coach all staff & develop personal monitoring plans for each staff in collaboration with senior staff when needed
- Ensure that all staff related to the Arts Project are complying with the code of conduct, child protection policy and all other policies.
- Natural team-leading skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Enthusiastic and empathetic
- Sensitive and respectful of ethnic and cultural differences
- Approachable, trustworthy, and discrete
- Willingness to improve own knowledge and skills by participating actively in training sessions and capacity building activities
- Committed to equality and social inclusion
- Conscientious, with an excellent sense of judgment
Overall monthly reporting: Program Coordinator
Direct daily reporting: Program Coordinator
Collaborates with: Arts & Cultural Specialist, Project Officer, M&E Officer, Clinical Psychotherapist, Outreach Team
Other contacts: Arts Trainers, Bus Drivers, Admin Teams
- Mount Lebanon