Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] with ‘M&E Officer' in the subject line.
AMURT Lebanon Background
AMURT’s mission is to help improve the quality of life for the poor and disadvantaged people of the world, and those affected by calamity and conflict. It aims to assist individuals and communities to secure life’s necessities and to gain greater social and economic fulfillment, while honoring individuals’ customs, language, and religious beliefs.
AMURT Lebanon registered in 2012 as an independent charitable organization and is affiliated with the AMURT Global Network, headquartered in Washington, USA.
Since 2012, AMURT has been addressing the Syrian crisis and its effects, as well as hardships the Lebanese community is experiencing. Its programs have ranged from disaster relief and emergency response, to psychosocial support, diverse education programs, child protection, social stability, and is currently focusing on the livelihoods sector as well.
With support and supervision of the M&E Coordinator, the M&E Officer is responsible for monitoring and evaluating ongoing project activities. S/He is also responsible for supporting the development of project M&E plans and data collection methodologies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Gain knowledge about different projects running at AMURT, in addition to the rationale behind each, the goals of each project, methodologies used, etc
- Provide support for baseline and outcome monitoring surveys
- Be present on field while activities are running; take note of program strengths and gaps
- Meet with the Project Coordinator(s) and M&E Coordinator to share updates and performance toward target and raise any concerns, etc
- Prepare periodic internal monitoring reports, propose recommendations, lessons learned, problems and solutions to improve the quality of the data and efficiency of the monitoring system
- Collect and analyze data on a weekly/monthly basis depending on project requirements, while ensuring data accuracy and reliability
- Support in developing a database for the projects’ beneficiaries
- Record, manage and preserve monitoring and evaluation data in a safe and accessible way
- Draft reports and other notes for the record to document the implementation of the projects’ activities
- Provide the M&E Coordinator with daily and weekly reports
- Design and lead trainings for Outreach staff as needed
- Perform other related duties as agreed upon with the M&E Coordinator
- Oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic
- Prior experience with statistical work and/or baseline surveys
- Familiarity in using mobile data collection tools such as Kobo toolbox and ODK
- Excellent MS Excel skills
- Demonstrated capacity to innovate and think creatively
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal capabilities
- Excellent social and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure & meet deadlines
- Ability to exchange information in a clear and constructive manner
Overall Monthly Reporting: M&E Coordinator
Collaborates with: Program Coordinator, Project Coordinator(s), project team(s) such as Outreach Teams, PSS Teams, Education Teams
Other Contacts: Logistics Officer, Bus Drivers, Kitchen Team
- Mount Lebanon
- Jdaidet El Matn - Baouchriyeh - Sadd El Baouchriyeh
- Mount Lebanon
- Kfar Nabrakh