RFQ - 01904 - IPC "Infection Prevention and Control" and Medical Waste Management Consultant
Amel Association International (Amel) is a Lebanese and non-sectarian NGO created in 1979. Amel works through 30 centers, 6 mobile medical units, 2 mobile education units and 1 mobile protection unit, and for more than 40 years has supported the poorest regions of Lebanon, from Beirut and its South Suburbs to Mount Lebanon, Bekaa and South Lebanon. Amel offers accessible services for all in the following fields: food security, health, education, protection, child protection, gender-based violence, livelihood, promotion and protection of human rights, rural development.
Scope of Work
Amel under its healthcare program is looking for an Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) and Medical Waste Management Trainer to build the capacity of PHCCs staff. The trainer should be specialized in PHCC settings and be able to provide training on both IPC and medical waste management.
Areas to cover:
BML (4 centers) and South (4 centers and 2 medical mobile units)
2 full-day trainings per region (BML and South)
The trainer’s tasks:
- Develop an agenda, with the objectives and the syllabus of training.
- Prepare the training material in Arabic language.
- Present an interactive and engaging training in Arabic.
- Develop and carry out an evaluation of the training (pre and post-tests).
- Cover all IPC and medical waste management topics in Primary Healthcare including cleaning, disinfection & sterilization, hand hygiene, precautionary measures (standard and COVID-19 related), proper disposal and management of waste, sharp disposal, occupational health and safety.
- Draft a training report and conduct a meeting with the Health program to discuss the outcome of the training and advise on the coaching process. On-job monitoring will be done by Health field officers and coordinators.
Request for clarification
Only for clarifications, bidders are required to submit any request for clarification in respect of this RFQ by to Mohamad El Zayed via email: [email protected]. The deadline for receipt of question is 21/07/2023
The questions from all the suppliers would be consolidated by Mohamad El Zayed and answered collectively. To ensure that the same level of information is conveyed equally to all participating suppliers, response to a question raised by one supplier can be shared with all the other suppliers.
All communications within the context of the RFQ, other than commercial offer, should be strictly routed through Mr. Mohamad El Zayed via email: [email protected].
Terms of reference (TOR)
Please refer to:
- Attached - Annex A - TOR-IPC and Medical Waste Management
Period of validity
Your quotations should be valid and binding for at least for 30 days from the date of submission of the RFQ.
Under no circumstances is the service provider allowed to sub-contract any of the services quoted above without informing Amel, failure to abide by this results in immediate contract termination.
All information shared by Amel including patient name, age, differential diagnosis and patient ID are confidential and shall not be shared with any external parties. Failure to respect patient privacy would result in immediate contract termination.
Terms of payment
Upon the receipt of an invoice including list of purchased supplies, description and prices, Amel would within 10 days pay the requested amounts after the validation by the finance officer and project coordinator.
How to apply
We would appreciate receiving your complete bids on or before 24/07/2023 strictly to procurement department via email: [email protected].
- Updated CV.
- Financial proposal.
- Brief training description specifying the topics and agenda as well as learning objectives.
- A schedule of availability
- Currency: Please submit your offer in USD ONLY
- Company profile, if applicable
- Company registration documents, if applicable
- If your firm is not register with Amel, you should complete, sign and submit the Vendor Pre-Qualification Form “Annex B”, if applicable
- Please Acknowledge the attached “Annex C” Amel Suppliers Pact of Conduct. Offers that don't contain your acknowledgment of Amel Suppliers Pact of Conduct will result in disqualification of your offer.
- Please Acknowledge the attached “Annex D” – Statement of Integrity.