Applicants must fill in and submit the application form to [email protected], only submitted application forms will be accepted all others would not be processed.
Duties and responsibilities:
The Programs Manager (PM) reports to the Secretary General (SG) and is responsible for support and delivery of all projects’ activities including the design and execution of project specific workplans, to oversee staffing, operational and budgetary aspects of the organization; and to expand relationships with partners, government stakeholders and other third parties.
- Contribute, in coordination with the SG and the Board of Directors (BoD) to the development of the overall strategy of the organization
- Promote knowledge of the work of ALEF Programs
- Represent ALEF in meetings with government, coordination bodies, international organizations and other forums as appropriate and in coordination with the SG.
- Design and implement work plans for all the projects in adherence with ALEF objectives and donors’ requirements.
- In collaboration with the project team, ensure an M&E framework (M&E plan, M&E tools, analysis) is in place and properly implemented for every project.
- Lead, with relevant team members, on the preparation and timely submission of narrative reports as well as M&E reports to donors and the BoD
Finances & Compliance
- Monitor project expenditure and forecasts, adjusting forecasts against expenditure, ensuring a project balance and raising any critical issues arising in a timely manner with finance officer/SG
- Act as point of contact for audits (grants, whole of ALEF…).
- Lead, with relevant team members, on the preparation and timely submission of financial reports to donors, Lebanese authorities or others
- Provide line management leadership to the program team ensuring they are all supported and guided to manage their projects and teams.
- Contribute to the development of a capacity building plan of ALEF’s team and ensure its implementation.
- Together with the SG & the team, recommend proper staffing and follow-up on recruitment
- Develop effective relationships with a wide range of partners, establishing a positive and mutually supportive professional working relationship.
- Track and identify funding opportunity and see SG’s greenlight accordingly
- Lead, with relevant team members on the design, development and drafting of concept note and projects’ proposal in pursuit of funding opportunities.
- Ensure timely submission and follow-up of project proposals.
- Masters degree in international relations or related field or equivalent experience required.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of not for profit Management and supervisory experience
- Experience drafting and negotiating proposals and writing reports for donors
- Relevant knowledge of Project and Personnel Management and Mentoring processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Human Rights and the Middle East/Lebanon.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Excellent writing and oral communications skills, as well as cross-cultural skills and the ability to deal with counterparts on every political, social and economic level.
- Professional fluency in English & Arabic languages is required. Knowledge of French is a plus.
- Mount Lebanon