Training on Suicide Prevention
Please put on the subject the title of the position you are applying on
AND is seeking the expertise of a psychologist or clinical psychotherapist to give awareness session on drugs addiction over one day training. Training should cover the following:
- What is Suicide?
- The mental health drivers that can cause suicidal thoughts and to recognise the signs that someone may be feeling suicidal early on.
- The training should also provide people the confidence to support other vulnerable people and reduce the risk of a suicide attempt being made.
- How can we prevent suicide?
- Who is the category of people that are at highest risk?
- What are the warning signs for suicide?
The trainer shall demonstrate the following:
- Experience in psychosocial support
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; must be personable and diplomatic in working with a diverse range of people.
- Communicate information with enthusiasm, clarity and patience.
- Ability to demonstrate, and communicate clearly.
- Adherence to the recommendations of world health organization in terms of COVID-19 safety and precautions measures.
- Abiding to AND’s internal rules and regulations
The Trainer shall be responsible for the following deliverables.
- Preparation of Workshop Agenda, schedule, content material.
- Creating an interactive session, variety of training methods/means used throughout the workshop (Power point presentations, videos, forms, exercises)
- Providing an Appraisal of participants and overall training flow, best practices and rooms for improvement in addition to follow up recommendations.
Training shall be provided remotely
The Trainer shall report to the project manager.