Public Health Consultant
Kindly put in the subject the position you are applying on
In partnership with UNICEF, AND is currently implementing a COVID-19 prevention and response initiative where it will help raise awareness about C-19, the preventive needed measures and adequate response through unions’ crisis cells and with the central crisis cell at the governorate level to enable communities and unions of municipalities efficiently plan and implement preventive and response measures in case of COVID-19 health emergency.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Design a research methodology including quantitative and qualitative data analysis including the design of FGD (focused group discussion) and assessment questionnaires
- Design a survey that would help AND understand the perceptions of people in Akkar about the virus, its impact, adopted practices ... through a poll organised by AND & B.O.T (Bridge.Outsource.Transform).
- Support in the quantitative and qualitative data analysis, i.e. the assessment and FGD findings.
- Design and deliver trainings for the crisis cell along with the volunteers’ teams. The training shall cover all needed information about C-19 prevention including protocols of community prevention and related intervention of crisis cells. The trainer shall ensure that attendees can understand the rationale behind the safety measures and the protocols to be implemented in cases of prevention, quarantine, and response. The trainings and simulation shall be designed to engage and support the crisis cells members and volunteers’ teams in times of prevention and in situation of response (i.e. in case of occurrence of C-19 in their areas). This training shall also help eliminate misunderstandings and misconceptions about the virus, prevention measures and/or effective quarantine and treatment needs. The training shall also include a component about immunization to further leverage the knowledge of the crisis cells members.
- These Trainings shall allow for a coordination mechanism with all relevant stakeholders.
- The training will allow for a synergy with other formal trainings on the protocols and public health measures.
- A PHD/ Doctorate degree in Social sciences, public health with focus on global health, public health or other relevant social science discipline
- Proved technical expertise and work experience of at least 5 years in the area of public health, social science
- Experience in development and emergency programming, in high level advocacy
- Proven experience of high-level public advocacy, of strategic and policy dialogue, of strategic reflection on public health
- Ability to engage with community members in an open manner, maintain confidentiality and respect.
- Positive and professional attitude, able to organize.
- Works well in a team, flexible, and able to handle pressure well.
- Computer literacy required.
- Fluency in Arabic and English.
- Strong communication skills
- Critical thinking and analysis competencies
The public health consultant shall report to the Project Manager.