specifying in the subject the position title you are applying for
Areas of Responsibility: outreach Worker
The outreach worker will:
- Act as the first representative of the project among the participants, their families and the local community. He/she will closely work with local communities to ensure that the project activities have widespread acceptance. He/she will lead all outreach activities for beneficiaries (Home visits, community dialogues, awareness sessions and campaigns).
- Be part of the field team, reporting to the Project manager.
- S/he does not manage staff.
- S/he collaborates with the specialists within the project team and within the larger field team with AND
Supporting the needs of children and caregivers
- Foster and maintain positive relationships with communities.
- Identify potential beneficiaries and inform their families about the project activities.
- Carry out field assessments to identify vulnerable communities, potential beneficiaries, etc.
- Carry out home visits, community dialogues, awareness sessions and any other suggested activity to have children enrol, stay in school and complete school by tracing the out of school children and refer them to an appropriate schooling Programme.
- Support in parent’s involvement sessions for parents of children engaged in the project.
- Attend all trainings, workshops, refresher sessions, and/or any professional development meeting as requested by AND and/or the consortium partners.
- Formulates monthly reports on awareness sessions, community dialogues and home visits. Contribute to monthly and quarterly reporting on project activity progress and project impact.
- Develop and maintains a filing system of beneficiaries.
- Complete data entry templates as suggested by M&E officer.
- Any other task assigned by the line manager.
The outreach worker is required to possess the following skills:
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Strong communication skills
- Good computer skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a member of a team
- Fluency in Arabic
- English language skills
- Cultural sensitivity