Kindly put on the subject the position you are applying on
In partnership with UNICEF, AND is currently implementing a COVID-19 prevention and response initiative where it will help raise awareness about C-19, the preventive needed measures and adequate response through unions’ crisis cells and with the central crisis cell at the governorate level to enable communities and unions of municipalities efficiently plan and implement preventive and response measures in case of COVID-19 health emergency.
Areas of Responsibility: Field Worker
The Field worker will:
- Acts as the first representative of the project among the communities, unions of municipalities, project participants and their families. He/she will closely work with local communities to ensure that the project activities have widespread acceptance. He/she will lead all outreach activities (Home visits, community dialogues, awareness sessions and campaigns).
- Foster and maintain positive relationships with communities.
- Identify potential participants and provide accurate information about the project’s activities.
- Support in data collection
- Carry out field assessments to identify interventions, etc.
- Carry out community dialogues, awareness sessions…
- Support in completing data collection (surveys, FGDs, KII….) and in data management and analysis when needed
- Support in the provision of NFI and hygiene kits
- Support the unions’ crisis cells and volunteers’ teams in preparation of municipal crisis preparedness plans
- Support in preparation and carrying out needed trainings
- S/he will support and coach the crisis cells and the volunteers’ teams to launch an awareness raising campaign (online and in person, when possible). This campaign shall be also directed towards the areas and/or activities that would include interaction with a large number of people (shops, hairdressers, vegetable markets, restaurants, bakeries, fisheries….)
- Formulates monthly reports on awareness sessions, trainings, community dialogues and home visits. Contribute to monthly and quarterly reporting on project activity progress and project impact.
- Develop and maintains a filing system of beneficiaries when needed.
- Complete data entry using templates suggested by M&E.
- Any other task assigned by the line manager.
The Field worker is required to possess the following skills:
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Strong communication skills
- Good computer skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a member of a team
- Fluency in Arabic
- Good English skills
- Cultural sensitivity
Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
- Degree in social work or related field
- Experience of supporting community engagement projects
- At least 2 years of relevant experience working with NGOs, municipalities, local governance actors/vulnerable populations
The Field worker shall report to the project manager