Social Media Officer
Applicants should submit:
- Previous work samples that reflect the required experience;
Applications must be sent to [email protected] - Mention in Email Subject: Application – Social Media Officer;
Deadline for submission: 29 Sept., 2023
Adyan Vision: Adyan envisions a world where diversity between individuals and communities is lived as enrichment, generating mutual understanding, inclusive citizenship, creative development, sustainable peace, and spiritual solidarity.
Adyan Mission: Adyan works on valuing cultural and religious diversity in its conceptual and practical dimensions, and on promoting coexistence and diversity management among individuals and communities, on the social, political, educational and spiritual levels.
Adyan Strategy: Adyan serves its mission according to a Strategic Plan that includes the Foundation’s goals and their related targets. This strategy is set and reviewed by the Board of the Foundation. It responds, with a contextual approach, to the Foundation’s mission, and connects with other wider strategies as the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDG), especially Goals 4, 5, 10, 11, 16 and 17.
Adyan Foundation is currently looking for a highly skilled and motivated Social Media Officer to join our dynamic Communication & Media Department. In this role, the Social Media Officer will be responsible for creating, developing, and publishing digital media content across various platforms, including social media channels, websites, online ads, email marketing, newsletters, and digital reports.
The ideal candidate will possess a deep understanding of promoting civil society focus areas, staying updated on relevant trends, and demonstrating a values centered approach. It is essential for the candidate to adhere to media ethics and linguistic guidelines. Proficiency in both English and Arabic languages is essential for effective communication.
Technical knowledge background is a plus, including experience with web development, SEO optimization, and digital advertising platforms.
- Develop Adyan social media guidelines aligned with Adyan’s communication strategy and brand
- Coordinate with Communication Manager to develop and execute social media strategies that enhance brand presence and engagement (Campaigns that promote Adyan, its entities, values, projects, activities, and impact)
- Ensure consistent social media language, messaging and tone
- Coordinate the preparation and collection of visual and written material for the pre-scheduled social media calendar (projects, visits, participations, activities, etc…)
- Coordinate with designer and service providers in a clear and effective manner to create compelling, timely and impactful digital content aligned with the organizations’ brand guidelines
- Create social media content for International events, national, and religious celebrations across Adyan social media pages and accounts
- Write and translate human-interest stories that showcase Adyan’s impact in society
- Monitor trends, conduct market research, and stay up-to-date with industry best practices to maintain strong digital presence
- Analyze social media metrics and generate reports to measure performance and optimize strategies (KPIs)
- Ensure compliance with media ethics and linguistic guidelines in all digital communications
Website & Digital marketing:
- Administer Adyan's website, ensuring that it is up-to-date, easy to navigate, and optimized for search engines
- Monitor and report on website analytics to track performance and identify opportunities for improvement
- Develop and manage digital advertising campaigns across various platforms, including Google Ads and social media ads
- Implement email marketing campaigns, including list management, content creation, and analytics tracking
- Collaborate with the creative team to develop digital assets, including graphics and videos
- Conduct research on industry trends and competitor activity to inform digital marketing strategies
- Monitor and maintain the company's online reputation, including managing online reviews and responding to customer inquiries
- University degree in Journalism, Media, Communication or other relevant fields
- 3 year experience in reporting, media editing and social media management
- Strong technical skills, including experience with web development, SEO optimization, and digital advertising platforms (Google Ads, Facebook Ads, etc.)
- Familiarity with email marketing platforms (Mailchimp, Constant Contact, etc.)
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to use data to inform decision-making
- Strong attention to details and ability to manage social media of multiple projects simultaneously
- High knowledge and capacities in digital media editing and administration
- WordPress related experience is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Arabic and English (French is a plus)
- Demonstrates commitment to the three core values of Adyan Foundation, which are diversity, solidarity and human dignity;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- A team player, who strives to support and be helpful to others, and to support the achievement of organizational goals;
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective and respectful working relationships with all team members and external parties;
- Demonstrates interest in NGO work in the areas of cultural diversity management and peacebuilding.
This is a full-time position with competitive salary and benefits packages. If you are a highly motivated and detail-oriented digital media professional with a strong technical background, we encourage you to apply.