Solar Power Engineer – WaSH Supervisor
Eligible candidates are invited to apply the earliest possible as we are screening applications on a rolling basis.
Only the applications received through our website will be taken into consideration.
Action against Hunger is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women, and children. Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for Action against Hunger in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: nutrition, health, food security and water and sanitation.
In Lebanon, the Syrian crisis continues to generate political, social, and economic pressure due to the war in Lebanon and keeps more than 1.5 million refugees in a situation of increasing vulnerability. In this environment of political, economic and social uncertainty, our teams have maintained their high levels of humanitarian response and aid to Lebanon. Likewise, our interventions have been maintained in the Bekaa and northern areas, as well as in the south of the country, with a special focus on working in partnership or in consortium with other organizations and on institutional strengthening of the relationship with both donors. institutional, such as with local authorities and entities.
The Solar Power Engineer – WaSH Supervisor will be responsible:
- Together with the MADAD Head of Project plan and implement the MADAD project in Bekaa, ensuring activities are implemented according to contractual agreements and the quality standards of Action Against Hunger.
- Identifying and assessing water supply needs, designing innovative and cost-efficient solutions, and following up on the implementation aiming to achieve the overall objective of the project “WaSH assistance to support water governance and public water and wastewater services in Lebanon for host and refugee communities.”
- Coordination with local authorities (municipalities, Litany River Authority (LRA), etc.), Water Establishments, host, and refugee communities, ACF, and other WaSH partners in the field for the successful and sustainable implementation of the project.
Objective 1: Identify, assess, design, implement and monitor water supply and solarization solutions (70 %)
- Conduct field missions to identify and assess water supply and solarization needs, working closely with focal points from municipalities and water establishment.
- Produce assessment tools and reports on the feasibility of implementing water supply and solarization systems, considering technical, environmental, economic, and social aspects.
- Design according to Water Sector and engineering standards water supply schemes and solar power and pumping systems, in addition to rehabilitation and maintenance of existing water supply systems.
- Ensure the development of accurate Bill of Quantities (BoQs), detailed technical drawings, and cost estimation for water supply and solarization solutions.
- Develop Terms of Reference and all necessary documentation in line with the design sheets and BoQs to ensure selection of adequate suppliers during the procurement process.
- Close monitoring of the implementation, testing, and commissioning phases of the designed water supply ad solarization solutions with contractors and with the community, ensuring that construction is done following engineering standards (including safety) and reporting any issues on the implementation to logistics and the MADAD HoP.
- Preparing work completion and acceptance reports once works are completed, ensuring as built plans of the system and water scheme are accurate as per works executed.
- Developing IEC materials, trainings, and O&M plans together with the MADAD HoP and the PHP HoP to ensure correct understanding by the operators.
- Training operators or focal points from BWE on the adequate use of the system and O&M plans.
- Close monitoring of systems installed during the initial phase including adequate installation and assessing any rehabilitation needs.
- Ensure timely completion of project activities according to the workplan, reporting challenges and/or foreseen delays with suggested mitigation measures to his/her line manager.
- Communicate and coordinate with communities, municipality and water establishment focal points, and other relevant field level actors on the daily implementation and monitoring of tasks.
Objective 2: Field monitoring, reporting and data collection (30 %)
- Following the weekly and monthly planning for the MADAD project, report back accurately on field level activities to the MADAD HoP and WaSH PM, ensuring compliance and efficient use of resources.
- Identify and report potential problems, conflicts, contextual changes, or gaps in WaSH needs to the MADAD HoP and WaSH PM, proposing solutions where possible and pertinent.
- Data collection and assessments of needs or data required for advocacy or research, potential new areas of implementation and technical feasibility of water supply and solarization projects.
- Ensuring reports and monitoring tools for MADAD are duly filled and shared with the MADAD HoP and WaSH PM.
- Alongside the MEAL department, facilitate regular monitoring and evaluation activities for the field activities.
Objective 3: Security
- Respect the security rules specified in the mission and base security plan, see to it that the team under his/her responsibility complies with the security plan and perform the security management tasks that can be assigned in its protocols.
- Communicate to the security managers of the working location any security related information or noncompliance with the security plan
Objective 4: Support humanitarian activities of Action Against Hunger
- Support the emergency interventions of the organization as per the employee’s abilities.
- Support any activity that helps reaching our humanitarian goals, as per the employee’s abilities.
Objective 5: Gender & Safeguarding
- Promote safe and equitable environments, through knowledge and application of the protocol against harassment and gender policy.
- Knowledge and compliance with safeguarding policy.
Action Against Hunger – Lebanon seeks to promote gender equality and is committed to empowering women to participate effectively in their communities, we strongly encourage women to apply.
We Strongly encourage people with disabilities to apply.
ACF has a zero-tolerance policy on sexual exploitation, sexual harassment, and abuse (SEA