LPC Head of Project - Zahle
Only the applications received through our website will be taken into consideration.
The LPC Head of Project will be responsible for the implementation of Protection and Lebanon Protection Consortium (LPC) interventions of AAH’s in Bekaa Governorate.
The LPC Head of Project will be tasked to manage a team of supervisors, field officers, technical persons to ensure that all Protection interventions are implemented and monitored in accordance with the program work-plan and logical framework. to support the reporting of the projects and the identification and drafting of new proposals, to organize, follow up and support the project teams, ensuring that activities are met according to the contractual agreements and the quality standards of Action Against Hunger and to ensure best practices are capitalized upon and strong lessons learned from programming is developed, feeding into Action Against Hunger programming in an adapted and contextually relevant manner.
Objective 1: To ensure timely and quality implementation of LPC activities
Field Activity Implementation
- In coordination with the LPC/Emergency Response Program Manager, Protection Co, Dep. OpsCo and MEAL Team, design the macro Programme Cycle Management tools, including: monitoring, Indicators MoVs, Activity Progress Reports, Budget follow Up, Project Procurement Plans, to ensure quality and timely implementation of the interventions;
- Supervise the field supervisors and teams and coordinate directly with them on a daily basis and to actively support the process
- Ensure that all project activities and team work plans are in line with the LPC project activity plan, and provide day-to-day support to the team in project implementation
- Actively support AAH’s implementing partners in conducting their Protection and LPC interventions in the area
- To provide verbal and written reports to direct and functional managers on the agreed frequency
- To ensure proper archiving of technical supporting documents
- Support with activities involving LPC consortium partners and other relevant consortia as requested
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the line manager
- To provide distribution plans, procurement requests to the PM based on agreed project work-plan
- Ensure project monitoring activities are implemented according to the project work- plans
- Coach and monitor all PRP activities and AUN interventions with close coordination with the field staff, civil engineer and Community Protection Approach Specialist
Team Management and capacity building
- Divide the tasks and responsibilities between team members according to programmes’ needs, including delegation systems
- Ensure that responsibilities and functional relations are clear within the team and regularly revised
- Follow-up and evaluate staff performance
- Support the staff under line management in developing project planning, weekly planning, monthly planning
- Identify training needs and gaps within the team
- Plan and design trainings to be provided to protection team on LPC activities
- Develop teamwork among the project staff, ensuring a conducive working atmosphere is created and opportunities provided to share lessons learned, experiences, observations and challenges to inform project management
- Together with the LPC/Emer PM , plan and provide opportunities for capacity building to project team in consultation with HR Department to ensure coordinated technical and personal development
Reporting and capitalization
- Determine reporting processes with the field team (weekly and monthly);
- Provide verbal and written reports on the activities to the PM on the agreed frequency and all related report for LPC and consortium
- Under the guidance of the PM, participate in the development of capitalization reports for each Protection intervention activity conducted by AAH
- Ensure proper archiving of all the means of verification of the project and other technical project documentation (soft and hard copies)
- Proper use of the Action Against Hunger online platform to archive key project documentation
- Regular back-up copy of computer files
- Actively participate in budget follow up meetings with the PM
- Flag any deviation to the Programme Manager and propose solutions;
- Ensure the compliance of working conditions while in office or in the field with respect to Action Against Hunger code of conduct and standard operating procedures for the area of operations
- In collaboration with HR Department, ensure the follow-up of the leaves and working hours of the team members
- In collaboration with HR Department, ensure staff recruitment, induction and integration
- Report HR related issues to his/her line manager
- In collaboration with HR Department, conduct the appraisal for the team members.
Logistics and Supplies Management
- Work in close collaboration with the Logistics Department to identify suppliers and follow-up the contracts when requested by PM
- Ensure close follow-up of the procurements with Logistics team, through regular meeting and data record
- Flag any issues with supplier (quality of the service and respecting the clauses of the contract) to the line manager and Logistics
- Be responsible for the programme and Action Against Hunger’s equipment
- Maintain and ensure proper project asset register
- Use the internal tools and processes for procurement and stock follow-up
- Prepare a weekly transportation request and planning for her/his team
Objective 2: To promote the comprehension and coordination of LPC activities interventions in Bekaa for Action Against Hunger
- Represent the PM on daily encounters with program stakeholders
- Under the guidance of the PM, actively coordinate with other stakeholders implementing activities related to LPC to ensure a smooth implementation of the protection response plan
- Under the guidance of the PM, actively coordinate with other stakeholders in Basic Assistance sector and those implementing similar activities interventions under other sectors in Bekaa
- Represent ACF in regional working group meetings in coordination with the PM when the subject is WaSH and shelter interventions
- Ensure direct and effective communication with local authorities and beneficiaries
- Attend meetings with local municipalities, cooperatives, beneficiaries and non- beneficiaries upon the request of PM
- Management of the performance of direct reports with continuous feedback to ensure proper performance management.
- Actively participate in inter-department meetings upon request of PM
- Ensure Regular and transparent communication with her/his line manager and other Departments.
- Report possible problems or conflict during the activities or within the team or the base;
Object 3: MEAL
- Follow-up the MEAL plan and project indicators, in coordinación with MEAL Department
- Keep updated the beneficiary list and other project database;
- Support the staff under line management in integrating MEAL activities;
- Ensure proper communication of the hotline and feedback mechanisms;
- Use the internal processes for referral and follow-up, in collaboration with MEAL team
- Encourage and train the field team to ensure accountability towards beneficiaries
Objective 4: Security
- Respect the security rules specified in the mission and base security plan, see to it that the team under his/her responsibility complies with the security plan and perform the security management tasks that can be assigned in its protocols
- Communicate to the security managers of the working location any security related information or noncompliance with the security plan
- Report on any security incident to the line manager
Objective 5: Support humanitarian activities of Action Against Hunger
- Support the emergency interventions of the organization as per the employee’s abilities.
- Encourage and train the field team to ensure accountability towards beneficiaries.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, international relations, humanitarian action or any related field.
- Specific trainings on Programme Cycle Management
Technical specific knowledge:
- Programmatic experience in protection interventions.
- Knowledge or experience of working in consortia or similar.
- Experience in representation/external coordination
- Experience working with ECHO funding mechanism.
- Experience working in integrated programmes.
- Good understanding of the country context, good context analysis skills
- Good analytical skills and the capability to work in a precise, structured and detailed manner.
- Must have good drafting and verbal communications skills. Analytical Skills and development of monitoring tools
- Acquainted with the Middle East context, knowledge of the context in Lebanon is an advantage.
- Previous experience with Gender Mainstreaming is an asset
Humanitarian sector knowledge: Mandatory
Languages: English compulsory, French and Arabic added values
IT and specific systems: Strong computer skills in Office environment and data management