Eligible candidates are invited to apply the earliest possible as we are screening applications on a rolling basis.
Only the applications received through our website will be taken into consideration.
Action against Hunger is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women, and children. Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for Action against Hunger in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: nutrition, health, food security and water and sanitation.
In Lebanon, the Syrian crisis continues to generate political, social, and economic pressure due to the war in Lebanon and keeps more than 1.5 million refugees in a situation of increasing vulnerability. In this environment of political, economic and social uncertainty, our teams have maintained their high levels of humanitarian response and aid to Lebanon. Likewise, our interventions have been maintained in the Bekaa and northern areas, as well as in the south of the country, with a special focus on working in partnership or in consortium with other organizations and on institutional strengthening of the relationship with both donors. institutional, such as with local authorities and entities.
The Logistics Manager will be responsible of:
Implement the logistics policy of the mission to ensure good logistical performance and provide the best possible support to the programs throughout his/her zone
Objective 1: Provide leadership in the area of activity (5%)
- Monitoring and analyzing logistical indicators and tools in his/her zone
- Assessment of the logistical capacities of his/her zone
- Support to Program Managers in the assessment of their needs
- Optimizing the logistics response for his/her zone by analyzing indicators, making recommendations and providing information updates
- Maintaining updates of the logistics capacity in his/her zone and planning accordingly
- Making available all logistical information needed for the elaboration of projects, training and monitoring Program Managers
Objective 2: Implement and ensure the performance of the supply chain and procurement (30%)
- Ensuring conformity with ACF procedures and compliance at each stage of the supply chain
- Performance in respect of costs, quality and timeliness in the supply chain (purchasing, transport, stock) throughout his/her zone
- Advice, information and alerts on the processing of requests to the requesters
- Comprehensive knowledge of the market in his/her zone
- Timely and high-quality reporting on his/her area of activity
- To ensure ACF logistical procedures and training and supervising both clients and suppliers in the application of these procedures
- Contributing to the Project Procurement Plan at the launch of new projects
- Monitoring the Supply Plan
- Establishing the Treasury Forecast
- Receiving and approving the Procurement Requests and updating the Procurement Follow-Up
- Putting in place and arranging for purchases in a timely manner and in accordance with the ACF procedures applying to each purchase (goods, tasks, services, premises)
- Negotiation and selection of suppliers
- Controlling deliveries to bases and programs
- Control stock management (storage conditions, reporting, expiry dates) and stock movements
- Collecting data on the market and local suppliers
Objective 3: Implement and ensure the performance of fleet & facilities management (15%)
- Managing the fleet, cars and its drivers. To ensure safe, timely and efficient movements to support the base its activities.
- Safety of the working and living environment and provision and maintenance of logistical equipment
- Security of logistical equipment, training and assistance to users
- Supervision of the ACF buildings (offices, warehouses and guesthouses), rehabilitation and maintenance required for the functioning of the base and the living environment
- Provision of water and energy supplies to all buildings required for the functioning of the base and the living environment
- Timely and high-quality reporting on his/her area of activity
- Undertaking or supervising the installation, maintenance and repair of logistical equipment
- Supervising the equipment list at the base
- Assessing the needs for logistical equipment and ensuring proportional allocation
- Supervising an inventory and reporting on the state of repairs of property on arrival and departure
- Supervision of the energy sources and vehicle fleet management: maintenance, planning, tracking, monitoring costs, administrative aspects (insurance, documentation)
- Supervision of security guards and drivers
Objective 4: Implement and ensure the performance of information and communication technology and network management (10%)
- The setting up and efficient operation of the means of communication (voice and data) in accordance with ACF standards
- The security of both equipment and its users
- Training and support to users
- Rationalization of the costs of equipment utilization
- Assistance to the Logistic Coordinator in the strategic choice of equipment
- Undertaking or supervising the installation, maintenance and repair of equipment
- Maintaining the equipment list
- Assessing the needs for equipment and ensuring proportional allocation
- Putting in place rules for the use of equipment and ensuring they are observed
Objective 5: Contribute to security management: Security (10%)
- Working with the Head of Base/Operations Coordinator on the definition of a local security plan
- Putting in place security guidelines for the base and ensuring they are properly applied
- Cooperate in writing of the local security together with the Security Manager and the Head of Base/operations coordinator for validation
- Respect the security rules specified in the mission and base security plan, see to it that the team under his/her responsibility complies with the security plan and perform the security management tasks that can be assigned in its protocols.
- Communicate to the security managers of the working location any security related information or noncompliance with the security plan
Objective 6: Setting in place and following up collaboration and coordination in logistics with the mission's partners (10%)
- Analysing the risks in logistical matters and formulating recommendations concerning the selection of partners
- Implementing and monitoring the modes of logistics management in the framework of joint projects
- Playing a role in consolidating the capacities of partners where a need is identified
- At base level, taking full advantage of all innovative practices in the management of partnerships
Objective 7: Manage the Logistics team in the base (20%)
- Day-to-day management of his/her team (guidance, follow-up, motivation)
- Evaluating the performance and developing the skills of his/her team members
- Defining the Human Resources needs in his/her area of activity and producing the organisational chart of his/her team
- Taking part in the recruitment of his/her teams
- Organising and leading team meetings
- Working out and monitoring individual action and work plans for team members
- Managing planning operations, task sharing and coordination of work
- Providing for evaluation interviews for team members
- Providing technical support to the teams
- Identifying the training needs of team members
- Devising, organising and leading training sessions
Objective 8: Support humanitarian activities of Action Against Hunger
- Support the emergency interventions of the organization as per the employee’s abilities.
- Support any activity that helps reaching our humanitarian goals, as per the employee’s abilities.
- Promote gender equality within the humanitarian and/or development work
- University degree with professional experience in humanitarian logistics work.
- Procurement management, fleet management, supply chain management, inventory control, intermediate IT knowledge.
- 2 years minimum experience working on projects at humanitarian aid organizations and/or international donors or private sector.
Action Against Hunger – Lebanon seeks to promote gender equality and is committed to empowering women to participate effectively in their communities, we strongly encourage women to apply.
We Strongly encourage people with disabilities to apply.
ACF has a zero-tolerance policy on sexual exploitation, sexual harassment, and abuse (SEA)