Eligible candidates are invited to apply the earliest possible as we are screening applications on a rolling basis.
Only the applications received through our website will be taken into consideration.
Action against Hunger is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women, and children. Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for Action against Hunger in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: nutrition, health, food security and water and sanitation.
In Lebanon, the Syrian crisis continues to generate political, social, and economic pressure due to the war in Lebanon and keeps more than 1.5 million refugees in a situation of increasing vulnerability. In this environment of political, economic and social uncertainty, our teams have maintained their high levels of humanitarian response and aid to Lebanon. Likewise, our interventions have been maintained in the Bekaa and northern areas, as well as in the south of the country, with a special focus on working in partnership or in consortium with other organizations and on institutional strengthening of the relationship with both donors. institutional, such as with local authorities and entities.
The Communication Officer will be responsible to:
Reinforce Action Against Hunger’s Advocacy Department capacity by advocating for observed needs and giving visibility to the impact of AAH assistance through innovative and creative communication products while respecting tight deadlines.
Objective 1: To develop and implement an annual communication plan
- Coordinate and develop a communication plan as part of the advocacy strategy based on programmes’ requirements and field’s needs,
- Prepare and implement a social media calendar,
- Update AAH Lebanon communication plan, social media guidelines, calendar and communication working plans and any other relevant document,
- Conduct a media coverage analysis in Lebanon,
- Share innovative communication ideas,
- Work closely with Advocacy Officer to make sure gender equality, the Nexus approach and Advocacy messages are integrated in AAH communication products.
Objective 2: To support internal communication
- Understand the context and interact with beneficiaries, while respecting protection concerns and ethics,
- Coordinate with colleagues in the bases to make sure needs are addressed,
- Share a monthly communication report, including social media publications with activities and data analysis of the audience with the Advocacy Coordinator,
- Assist in internally disseminating information/minutes of important meetings and support in knowledge management tasks (filing in No Hunger Forum, records keeping of important meetings and conclusions…),
- Ensure all documentation and communications are in line with communication guidelines for images, Printed or electronic material and social media,
- Train programme staff and partners in basic communications skills (story gathering, case studies, photography, videography, etc.) and in responsible use of social media,
- Mainstream the use of social media among AAH staff in compliance with corporative policies and social media guidelines.
Objective 3: To contribute to Social Media management and engagement
- Gather content and publish on social media,
- Widen AAH Lebanon’s online audience,
- Improve the use of social media based on data analysis,
- Develop specific messages and social media campaigns, including for international days,
- Create interaction with partners and other relevant stakeholders, promote online community engagement and respond to audience’s feedbacks,
- Coordinate with other AAH Middle East social media focal points,
- Use a social media management tool,
- Promote social media publications for a targeted audience.
Objective 4: To produce communication material
- Design and coordinate with programmatic and MEAL colleagues the collection of content for communication products, such as Situation Reports, Programme fact sheets, Country Brochure, etc.,
- Support to produce information management products, such as infographics,
- Produce high quality written content, including case studies, press releases, success, and human stories,
- Produce audio/visual content which underlines remaining needs and promotes the impact of AAH work, including pictures, videos, and podcasts,
- Travel often to the field to gather content, including taking pictures and leading interviews with beneficiaries, AAH staff and relevant actors,
- Ensure AAH and donors’ branding guidelines is respected by the overall mission,
- Follow up with the bases and the logistic department on development of visibility materials as per ACF Branding policy,
- Provide all necessary communication and media support for emergency response,
- Any other media and communications related duties as may be assigned by the line manager from time to time
Objective 5: Support humanitarian activities of Action Against Hunger
- Support the emergency interventions of the organization as per the employee’s abilities.
- Support any activity that helps reaching our humanitarian goals, as per the employee’s abilities.
- Promote Gender Balance in teams when recruiting
Bachelor’s Degree in Media, Communication, Journalism, Digital Media or similar.
Technical specific knowledge:
- Excellent professional writing and editing skills (storytelling),
- Graphic, editing (audio, photo & video) and photography/ video skills is an asset,
- A strong analytical and synthetical mind,
- Good understanding of media coverage in Lebanon,
- Ability to work in stressful contexts and capacity to respond to tight deadlines,
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build good relationships internally and externally for effective teamwork,
- 3 years of experience in media and communication such as producing written and audio-visual content (such as photo essays, professional pictures and videos, testimonies, human interest stories, press releases, articles) as well as graphic and publication design (infographics, images, brochures, publications, visibility material),
- Including 2 years in the humanitarian/ social/ development sector,
- Experience in social media management and reporting using various management and analytic tools, design of infographics, images, and documents, collecting information, leading interviews with beneficiaries, creative communication products,
- Experience in research / MEAL/ report drafting is an asset.
- English: Compulsory working language. Excellent writing skills are required for this position.
- Arabic: Compulsory. Good translation skills.
- French: An asset.
IT and specific systems:
Windows Domain, Office software, Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, Premier; After Effects) and other relevant creative softwares (such as Canva), Social Media Management tools, Trello.
Action Against Hunger – Lebanon seeks to promote gender equality and is committed to empowering women to participate effectively in their communities, we strongly encourage women to apply.
We Strongly encourage people with disabilities to apply.
ACF has a zero-tolerance policy on sexual exploitation, sexual harassment, and abuse (SEA)