LB-BT-00680 BUSINESS COACHING CONSULTANCY
Permanent Tasks, Responsibilities & Specific Duties
Phase 1: support to 40 MSMEs
November & December, approximately 100 hours
- Provide on-site sessions of 1 to 2 hours to each MSME based on needs and gaps faced by each MSME owner:
- Providing market-related advices, guidance and counselling to the selected MSME owners who are chosen for the Business Grant
- Together with the selected MSME owners for the Business Grant and the FSL Field Officer, preparing the list of items/equipment/raw materials with clear details and specifications & supporting them to utilize the business grant in an optimum level
- Supporting selected MSME owners in identifying most convenient suppliers for their requested items / services, while regularly studying the market prices and identifying the best option for services and goods to be referred to selected MSME owners as needed.
- Drafting a short-term action plan for the MSMEs and supervising the owners in terms of procurement of items/equipment/raw materials in line with their business plan within the available grant budget
- Mentoring MSME owners during the first two weeks after the delivery of the business grant, through a field visit and an additional follow-up call
Phase 1 must be successfully achieved, and deliverables provided to Action Against Hunger by December 31st.
Phase 2: support to 7 food related MSMEs
January to March, approximately 15 hours
Apply the same methodology as phase 1, for 7 food related MSMEs.
Phase 2 must be successfully achieved, and deliverables must be provided to Action Against Hunger by March 31st.
- For each MSME, provide a synthetic action plan including:
- Context of intervention: how the blast affected the MSME and our intervention can tackle this
- List and quantity of items/services to be procured and estimated prices
- List of short-term actions to be taken in addition to procurement
- Confirmation of attendance to the session
- For each MSME, updated status from follow-up
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES & SKILLS
Essential Qualification / Expériences
- University degree or higher education relevant to business administration / management, or economics.
- At least 7 years of proven experience in the private sector in small business development / scaling up / entrepreneurship and/or consultancy
- Strong organisation and teamwork skills;
- Ability to communicate, negotiate and develop good working relations with a wide variety of players in the private and public sectors, in English and Arabic language
- Above average computer literacy
Preferred Experiences / Competencies
- Experience in working with business development programs, knowledge in business development, specifically MSME development and economic market analysis is an asset
- Familiarity with the issues affecting the private sector in Lebanon as well as national trends in business and the economy.
- Basic knowledge of market prices for rehabilitation (wood, glass, repairs) and items sold in the shops (groceries, tailors, hairdressers, bakeries, clothing…)
- Excellent analytical and strategic thinking skills, with proven ability to create and utilize qualitative and quantitative analyses in organizational planning;
- Effective verbal and written communication, multi-tasking, organizational, and prioritization skills are necessary;
- Ability to quickly understand individual issues at stake for the grant recipients
- Ability to live and work closely with a diverse team of individuals in a highly intense and fluid work and security environment;
- Ability to navigate complex situations with diplomacy;
- Ability to manage ambiguity, frustration and stress in self and others;
- Confident and decisive leadership;
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members is required;
- Demonstrated experience and ability to professionally and appropriately represent the organization and negotiate and defend DRC’s interests with a diverse range of government officials, local organizations and other groups.
How to apply
Interested individuals are kindly asked to send the following documents;
- Cover letter detailing the suitability for the assignment
- CV stating previous experience
- Financial proposal
- All above documents should be sent to the following email [email protected] AND copy [email protected] with the reference `Business Coaching Service for the MSMEs` in the subject line.
The deadline for submission of proposals is:
Monday 2ND of NOVEMBER 2020 at 9:00 am (Lebanon time).Expired