Candidates interested in applying for the position should send their CV along with a cover letter to [email protected] by November 1, 2020. The subject of the email should state the position you are applying for. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ABAAD is an equal employment opportunity organization.
LOCATION: Mount Lebanon
ABAAD – Resource Centre for Gender Equality is a UN ECOSOC-accredited organization that aims to achieve gender equality as an essential condition to sustainable social and economic development in the MENA region.
The Centre Coordinator is responsible to support projects implementation and management of the Community Development Centre including strategic operational planning and execution. Overseeing implementation of the work plan and activities progress, The Centre coordinator ensures a healthy environment and manage the staff motivation. Moreover, the Centre Coordinator will establish and maintain a strong coordination mechanism and build networks with external services providers, local authorities, UN agencies and others structures.
REPORTING LINES: Post holder reports to: Area Coordinator
· Ensure high quality implementation and adherence to internal policies and procedures in compliance with ABAAD mission and strategic objectives;
· Ensure PSEA, Safeguarding policies, Code of Conduct are respected and adhered to
· Manage and supervise field specialized staff in GBV, CP, PSS, Child Care
· Ensure proper follow-up of the case management process, PSS and outreach activities
· Plan and organize staff capacity development’s activities, manage staff motivation, burn-out and efficiency;
· Ensure a safe and healthy environment for centre’s beneficiaries;
· Handle and follow up on purchasing orders of all centre’s utilities, supplies and daily operational and logistical needs;
· Ensure effective and close collaboration, coordination and networking with all concerned key stakeholders;
· Liaise with Security and Safety officer on a regular basis
· Prepare and submit weekly, monthly and 3-month work plans in a timely manner to the area coordinator.
· Manage the centre’s financial expenditures and accounts;
· Ensure regular quality check-in and application of ABAAD’s policies and procedures;
· lead in weekly internal meetings to ensure adherence to standards of appropriate case management, as well as community based approach and psychosocial activities
· Other duties as assigned by line manager
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· University Degree (Masters or BA) in business, sociology, psychology or any related field;
· Minimum three-year’ experience in a managerial position;
· Knowledge of GBV prevention and response
· Experience in GBV programming, and demonstrated gender sensitivity;
· Experience of working in/with non-government organizations;
· Experience working directly with refugees and other groups
· Experience working directly with women and girls
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Commitment to human rights, gender equality, non-discrimination
· Flexible pro-active attitude
· Good organizational and prioritization skills and ability to meet deadlines under pressure;
· Leadership, problem solving, and negotiation skills;
· Strong inter-personal and team working skills including the ability to manage, liaise and communicate with team members;
· Demonstrated capacity to take initiative and pay attention to details;
· Ability to plan workloads and demonstrate accountability for outputs;
· Fluent written and spoken Arabic and English are essential- French is a plus;
- Mount Lebanon