Senior Supply Chain Manager - Beirut
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Please submit your application before 15 December 2023 on https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/47221?c=rescue
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications by email will NOT be considered.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity, and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Lebanon SC team is working toward implementing integra, during this time the country program require a support of the Senior SC manager to oversee functions of procurement & logistics, ensuring continuity of day-to-day business.
Under the direct supervision of the Supply Chain Coordinator, you will be responsible for the following:
General SC Management:
- Directly manage assigned Supply Chain staff ensuring day-to-day supply chain tasks are completed successfully.
- Oversee the provision, quality and compliance of procurement and logistics team accomplished tasks.
- Provide technical oversight and management support for SC team (Beirut & Fields)
- Collaborate with the Finance department to ensure that internal controls are met.
- Ensure supply chain and program departments are communicating effectively through regular in-person or web-based meetings and groups texting.
- Draft Supply Chain Monthly Report and finalize Assets & PRTS for submission to GSC.
- Any other ad-hoc request from supervisor
- Review Purchase Request Tracking Sheet (PRTS) and online BvA reports on regular basis.
- Act upon any delays in procurement or anomalies and provide regular communication and updates to requestors and budget holders.
- Advise and support improved procurement planning for regularly procured goods and services by initiating process for contracted and verified suppliers.
- Review ongoing tendering processes including MPAs and MSAs and provide feedback and make sure that the policies and procedures of this function are aligned.
- Produce regular analyses to ensure cost efficiency across the program.
- Actively participate in grants meetings to provide effective support to programs. Work with Program Coordinators and Operation Managers to develop and update procurement plans to ensure realistic lead times and delivery to meet program work plan timelines.
- Review BVAs and monthly transaction list for operational costs to ensure correct coding.
- Regularly share PRTS with other departments
- Ensure the Implementation of IRC Asset policies in all IRC Lebanon offices.
- Asset maintenance and tracking.
- Disposal process.
- Work on assets donor report if needed.
The Senior Supply Chain Manager must ensure that all SC reports are submitted on time, the MS and tender timeline are met, al PRs are executed on time and all payments submitted correctly. The Supply Chain Manager must ensure the smooth operation of procurement and logistics daily tasks and make sure that all issues are resolved.
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: SCC or DDO
- Other Internal and/or external contacts:
- Internal: Regular relationships with regional and country Supply Chain staff at all levels, Deputy Director of Operations, Country Directors, and Interacts with IRC Program departments.
- External: May Serve as IRC Supply Chain representative in outside meetings, other non-governmental organizations, inter-agency groups and foundations.
A successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- 3 to 5 years of progressive SC experience in the humanitarian sector, or equivalent.
- Demonstrated success as a Supply Chain leader across all disciplines within supply chain including planning, procurement, and logistics.
- Broad knowledge and experience in Supply Chain strategies, market analysis techniques, procurement and contracting, vehicle and fleet management, inventory, property, and asset management.
- Good knowledge of project management and an understanding of the humanitarian context programming is a plus.
- Strong collaborator and influencer with effective interpersonal and analytical skills who can work seamlessly across countries, cultures, and organizational units.
- Able to work effectively in a highly matrixed structure, multi-task, prioritize and make decisions.
- Strong financial management, budgeting, and communication skills.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
The IRC and IRC workers adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality. By these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.