Assistant and Information Management Officer
Please upload your CV and Cover Letter in one document to the following link Assistant and Information Management Officer
We thank you in advance for applying through the URL Link provided as applications received through email below will not be considered.
Due to the large volume of applicants, we are unable to respond to application’s queries. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The ICRC is committed to creating an inclusive working environment for all its employees. Inclusion is embedded in the principles and values of the Movement – as it is committed to non-discrimination, as confirmed by the principles of humanity and impartiality, and is open to all, as confirmed by the principle of unity.
We are continually taking steps to improve diversity and inclusion within the organization as well as ensure it is embedded in our programming.
We are committed to ensuring fair and equitable recruitment and promotion opportunities for all individuals and welcome all qualified candidates to apply to positions at the ICRC. Further, we are committed to achieving gender parity for our staff in management positions, as part of our institutional strategy objectives related to inclusion.
We aim to ensure career development opportunities for staff, our delegation is responsible for setting objectives to ensure more diverse management teams in our context. In parallel, the HR / People and Culture (PAC) Team accompanies and supports this process with the aim of setting people up for success in their future roles.
The ICRC guarantees the protection of personal data and takes the necessary steps to protect employees’ personal data against unauthorized access and transfer. This also applies when the employer entrusts third parties with the processing, preservation and recording of personal data.
The Assistant & IM Officer provides (high-level) administrative support oversees information management, under the supervision of the Executive Assistant & IM Officer. S/He acts as a reference person for written protocols, correspondence, and standard tools.
Objectives and Tasks:
Support to the management (20%):
Under the supervision of the Executive Assistant & IM Officer
- Screens, prioritizes, dispatches and follows up on requests
- Flags issues and delays; updates the IM reference documents and guidelines
- Writes formal and informal correspondence independently in French/English/Arabic for the signature of the management; rereads its correspondence/reports/other documents and ensures optimum lay-out; if needed, translates documents addressed to the management from local language to French or English.
- Support in preparing files on specific themes (for briefing purposes of visitors from headquarters for example)
In the absence of the Executive Assistant & IM Officer,
- Takes the minutes of meetings in which decisions are to be made, tracks and follows-up the deadlines involved.
Information management (50%):
Under the supervision of the Executive Assistant & IM Officer,
- Support EAIMO in briefing systematically all new staff on information management and organizes regular trainings or information sessions
- Acts as the access manager for Lebanon site, overlooking the creation of IDs and providing the necessary accesses to users
- Monitors and attributes VSM request and treat hers promptly. Makes sure requests are completed following the attribution
- Monitor and treats STM requests promptly
- Support in the IM tools monitoring and implementation to ensure institutional documents are well preserved
Training and support – Areas of expertise (30%): (correspondence, ICRC protocol, use of standard computer technology, document security and compliance with visual identity rules)
- Briefs systematically all new staff on above-mentioned subjects, supports on training regularly all users and ensures compliance with rules and procedures
- Makes sure that all staff know and apply ICRC rules regarding correspondence and ICRC protocol; ensures that all correspondence concerned by these rules are validated by the qualified person; knows the rules regarding signatures and ensures that these rules are applied by all staff in the delegation
- Keeps her knowledge and skills up to date on standard computer technology (e-mail, information-sharing, records-management, intranet, etc.), informs users on new information management tools
- Contributes to the organization of national IM seminars/workshops on above mentioned subjects
- Understands and adheres to the seven fundamental principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Understands and adheres to the ICRC Code of Conduct
- Understands the roles of the components of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Respects and observes staff regulations and security rules at all times
- Represents the ICRC in a professional manner at all times
- Develops and maintains a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and line managers
- Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees and the ICRC
- May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary
- Is aware of the delegation’s objectives and has a good knowledge of the Movement and other interlocutors relevant to the position
- Collects and shares information so as to improve the ICRC’s understanding of the environment, humanitarian trends and responses when relevant
- Represents the ICRC in an appropriate way during activities, meetings and in the field and avoids any activity that may reflect negatively on the ICRC’s image;
- Takes responsibility of own professional learning and development;
Years of experience required: 3 or more years of experience as an assistant in an international organization or company
Level of education: Bachelor’s degree
Field of education: Business Administration or any relevant field
Languages: Arabic (Native) English (Professional working) French (Professional working
Computer Literacy: Advanced
- Leadership (Basic)
- Accountability (Proficient)
- People management (Basic)
- Teamwork & Collaboration (Advanced)
- Representing the ICRC (Advanced)
- Beneficiary & Client focused (Advanced)
- IM systems and applications (Proficient)
- Professional standards, procedures, processes and compliance (Proficient)
- Records management (Proficient)
- Administrative management (Advanced)
- Change management (Basic)
- Communication (Proficient)
- Service delivery (Basic)
- Events management (Advanced)
- Functional support (Proficient)
- Knowledge and information management (Basic)
- Office tools mastery (Advanced)
- Planning and Organizing (Proficient)
Job Location: Beirut
Working Schedule: Monday to Friday from 8am to 5 pm
Contract Type: Fixed Term, 1 Year (renewable based on performance and need for position)
Salary Package: USD 2’037 – 3’518 (As per ICRC salary scale, salary setting processes will determine fair setting in coherence with the qualifications of the applicant and the requirements of the job).
Opening Date: 01/12/2023
Closing Date: 14/12/2023