Kindly submit your CV along with your cover letter to the e-mail: [email protected], mentioning the job title in the subject.
Any application that does not contain the job title in the subject will be automatically discarded.
RESPONSABILITIES AND TASKS
1- COMPLIANCE ROLE
- With Head of Mission’s support and in coordination with Heads of departments (Coordinators), make sure that all organization and missions standards are implemented. Where donor regulations are more stringent than internal regulations, compliance with donor regulations have to be monitored as well;
- Centralize recommendations of external partners on process improvements;
- Monitor action plans’ implementations along with Coordinators in order for relevant recommendations to be implemented in a realistic timeframe;
- Be the mission focal point for Anti-Fraud and Anti-Corruption policy. At such, receive formal complaints and convene the Anti-Fraud and Anti-Corruption committee in order to treat cases;
- Generally ensure that accountability and transparency are at the heart of Mission spirit and practices;
- Prepare donor compliance handbook for all active donors and update it as needed;
- Conduct Risk assessments to identify potential compliance issues;
- Collaborate with relevant departments to develop strategies for mitigating identified risks;
- Take the lead on updating the risk register.
2- AUDIT PROCESS
- Leading internal audit: coordinate the monthly check as part of the HQ internal audit system. Review the documents and offer recommendation based on the quality of the document, and for mitigation processes in case file is not complete;
- Internal Audit follow-up: on a formal and regular process, S/he will ensure that HQ recommendations are implemented, and will report to HoM and HQ compliance and audit focal point;
- Preparation of external audits: liaising with Admin & Finance Coordinator, Logistics Coordinator, HR Coordinator and Deputy Head of Mission for Programmes, prepare external audit and be the focal point of the mission for auditors.
3- ENSURE THAT THE COMPLIANCE SYSTEM IS PROPERLY DISPLAYED AT MISSION LEVEL
- Make sure that all organization’s and mission policies are properly displayed, understood and applied consistently at coordination and field offices level;
- Be in link with Coordinators and HQ compliance focal point and establish quarterly action plans and priorities;
- Based on observations or upon HoM requests, support the development of recommendations for processes improvement;
- Make sure that Child Protection, PSEA-H, Anti-Fraud and Anti-Corruption, Safe Guarding policies are properly displayed, understood and applied;
- On a monthly basis, provide a monitoring report to all coordination team, raising main priorities;
- With the support of HoM, proceed to regular checks at coordination and base level and provides a report.
4- BE THE FOCAL POINT OF THE ANTI-FRAUD AND CORRUPTION POLICY
- Brief all staffs and new recruited staffs on the Anti-Fraud and Anti-Corruption policy;
- Be the focal point for all alerts raised on this regards and convene the anti-fraud anti-corruption committee to discuss further actions;
- Is the lead of the investigation team for alert raised, reporting back to the committee for guidance and decision
- Reports to the HoM about investigation mechanisms and investigation findings;
5- IN CLOSE COORDINATION WITH HEAD OF DEPARTMENTS AND HQ COMPLIANCE FOCAL POINT, PROVIDE RECOMMENDATIONS FOR COMPLIANCE PROCESSES IMPROVEMENT
- List recommendations made by external partners (i.e. consortium partners, donors) in terms of process improvements and compliance requirements;
- Based on this recommendations, propose to the HoM, Coordinators and HQ compliance focal point, process improvement;
- Once approved by the Coordinators, monitor the implementation of recommendations at coordination and field level; support departments to develop action plans to address recommendations and hold them accountable to them, with the support of HoM as necessary.
6- CONDUCT INTERNAL AUDIT PROCESS
- Based on internal audit matrix, proceed to spot checks and present results and recommendations of it to the HoM, concerned Mission Coordinator and Internal Audit officer at HQ;
- Facilitate the monthly checks requested by HQ, consolidate the documents and propose mitigation measures or recommendations based on the quality of the documents provided;
- On a monthly basis, share internal audit reports to the Audit and Compliance focal point in HQ.
7- BE THE FOCAL POINT FOR EXTERNAL AUDITS
- In coordination with other Coordinators, prepare the external audits: present the Mission to auditors, share the requests for documentation to the Coordinators and centralize the feedback and presents consolidated responses to the auditors, along with the support of coordinators.
- Discuss issues and recommendations with auditors. Be involved in drafting the responses to the Management Letters (ML) of audits in coordination with other departments. In some key issues, consult with HQ on best approaches to respond to ML and to implement feedback.
- Review the recommendations of external auditors and makes sure that relevant proposals for compliance are included in the action plans of the different departments.
- Language skills: Fluent in Arabic and English (speaking/reading/writing);
- Education degree: University degree;
- Work experience: Minimum of 3 years’ Experience in INGOs at manager level, at least in 2 of the following domains: Audit, Administration & Finance, Logistics, and HR.
- Knowledge & skills: Audit process/ Thoroughness/ Good social skills / Ability to manage priorities and take initiatives / Accountability and timely delivery; Ability to understand functioning of a humanitarian organization
- Computer skills:
- Computer hardware and software troubleshooting and configuration;
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and Access (Data manipulation and report generation);
- Pedagogical skills;
- Good knowledge of humanitarian actors and donors.
- - Strong motivation to help people in needs.
- Transversal skills:
- Well organized and attention to details;
- Reliable and rigorous;
- Ability to analyze and suggest improvement;
- Autonomy, neutrality, hard worker;
- Able to manage stress and pressure;
- Ability to work within a team.
دليل مدني، شبكة المجتمع المدني، يوفر للمنظمات منصة لنشر الوظائف, وليس مسؤول عن عملية التوظيف. كل منظمة مسجلة على دليل مدني هي مسؤولة بشكل فردي عن منشوراتها وعن عملية التوظيف.