All individuals interested in being part of this programming and who fit the criteria listed below should apply by sending an email to [email protected] under the subject “MEAL Officer”.
Women, Women, trans*, and gender non-conforming individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Submit your application before 27 December 2023.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Helem is the first LGBTQIA+ rights organization in the Arab world, officially established in Beirut, Lebanon in 2001. Its mission is to lead the struggle for the liberation of Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals, Intersex, Transgendered, Queer (LGBTQIA+) and other people with non-conforming sexualities and/or gender identities in Lebanon and the SWANA region from all sorts of violations of their individual and collective civil, political, economic, social, and cultural rights. Our goal is to empower young LGBTQIA+ leaders to advocate for their own liberation. We seek to create initiatives and spaces where our communities can leverage unity through diversity and build power. We protect and support individuals with the resources to resist the harm caused by homophobia and transphobia. We empower our youth through education and community building and mobilize to change the laws, policies, and practices that deny us equality and reduce our quality of life.
Helem is looking for a MEAL Officer to join its team and expand its ability to evaluate and upgrade its programming. The position will be central to Helem’s multiple programs and collaborate with multiple departments to set, implement, and monitor effective tools for the assessment and improvement of Helem’s programs for optimal performance.
- Develop, implement, and assess monitoring frameworks for all organization's partnerships and projects, as well as for funding proposals;
- Develop the overall framework for project M&E systems in collaboration with senior project staff, including requirements, reporting, baseline, and evaluation surveys;
- Facilitate the design of “SMART” objectives, logic models, monitoring frameworks, and evaluation plans during the annual work-planning process;
- Ensure the alignment of M&E activities with program goals;
- Maintain existing indicator tracking tools; develop additional databases and tracking tools as needed to demonstrate the effectiveness of project interventions
- Ensure adherence to specific monitoring and reporting requirements;
- Analyze data for accuracy, flag validation or quality issues, and contribute to system fixes;
- Generate indicator reports for tracking progress against key indicators as needed
- Create and integrate graphics in reports and information products to help visualize data in a meaningful way;
- Edit content and presentation of all reporting and deliverables before submittal to ensure superior quality and professionalism;
- Contribute to developing and reporting of project reviews, assessments, surveys, and other analytic or evaluation processes and products;
- Conduct field visits for data validation and to monitor the quality and completeness of data sets; coordinate data collection at project sites to monitor program development and ensure timely compilation and reporting of data; capture and document lessons learned; and champion the scaling up best practices;
- Provide technical leadership and support to project and partner staff in planning and implementing M&E systems and activities, data-based program decision-making, and results reporting; provide training as needed;
- Provide advice and expertise on program and project implementation, including strategic, administrative, and logistical support when needed;
- Assist in any other tasks deemed necessary by the center or organization’s leadership.
Education and Work Experience:
- Master’s Degree in social sciences, humanitarian and/or development studies, communications, or relevant field.
- Minimum 3 years equivalent work experience in a humanitarian organization.
- Understanding of proposal management, including project design and proposal writing;
- Familiarity with standard grant management tools such as logical frameworks;
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation as it links to implementing successful projects, both day to day and measuring and demonstrating impact;
- Ability to design, implement and evaluate data collection tools and analysis;
- Good level of proficiency in Word, PPT, KoBo Toolbox or equivalent.
- Ability to work under pressure and to handle numerous tasks simultaneously;
- Capacity to think critically and produce high-quality reports and analysis;
- Strong inter-personal, communication and leadership skills;
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.