Yoga Sessions – Consultant
The Lebanese Center for Human Rights (CLDH) is a local non-profit, non-partisan Lebanese human rights organization based in Beirut. CLDH was created in 2006 by the Franco-Lebanese Movement SOLIDA (Support for Lebanese Detained Arbitrarily), which has been active since 1996 in the struggle against arbitrary detention, enforced disappearance and the impunity of those perpetrating gross human rights violations. CLDH monitors the human rights situation in Lebanon, fights enforced disappearance, impunity, arbitrary detention and racism and rehabilitates the victims of torture. CLDH regularly organizes press conferences, workshops and advocacy meetings on human rights issues in Lebanon and collects, records and documents human rights abuses in reports and press releases. CLDH team on the ground supports initiatives aimed at determining the fate of all missing persons in Lebanon. CLDH regularly follows up on numerous cases of arbitrary detention and torture in Lebanon in coordination with Lebanese and international organizations, and with the United Nations Working Group on Arbitrary Detention WGAD and the UN Special Rapporteur on Torture. CLDH currently has 4 offices: Dora, Zalka, Beqaa and Tripoli.
Free to Be Me (F2BM) is an inspiring and innovative program that puts rights holders in the driving seat, while supporting the LGBTQI+ movement to an impactful and sustainable fight for its rights. In Lebanon, a vibrant LGBTQI+ scene would lobby and advocate for economic and social justice. Despite progress, challenges prevail in a highly restrictive legal environment. F2BM-ME will give voice, leadership and bounding to a community of qualified activists fighting to advance a common agenda in Lebanon. The Community of Action (CoA) will foster the growth of grassroots organizations and knowledge-sharing within the community. The program will encompass: i) tailored organizational capacity-building, ii) targeted individual skills development iii) micro-project funding allowing community impact and learning through action. F2BM-ME will be piloted by a project team hosted and benefiting from organizational support from the Lebanese Center for Human Rights (CLDH), designated as the host organization (HO). The program will directly benefit 10 grassroot organizations, a minimum of 15 activists and, indirectly, contribute to uphold the rights of the whole community in the region.
Description of the Yoga Sessions:
As part of the wellbeing activities of Free To Be Me project and due to the downturn effects of the current situation in Lebanon, yoga sessions will be provided to the CoA members and aim to provide healthy ways to cope with stress. The Yoga instructor will provide 10 yoga sessions to the CoA members. The sessions move from theory to practice, with emphasis on understanding the essence of Yoga and stress coping mechanisms. The focus will be on the CoA members’ own practice and go inward. They will be done in a relaxed safe learning atmosphere where participants grow together rather than individually, this process will be supported by the Free to Be Me Team.
Yoga Sessions Context:
The total number of participants will vary from 10 to 15 members per class. The sessions, provided by the instructor, will be conducted from the start of recruitment till end of December 2023. The instructor is expected to draft and share a Yoga agenda with broad bullet points prior to the workshop for review by relevant personnel at CLDH and a final report after conducting the training. The instructor is responsible of locating safe premises for the yoga sessions.
The working period includes preparation, training sessions and final summary report of the workshop to be delivered by end of December 2023.
Scope of Work:
- Yoga Instruction:
- Offer a variety of yoga sessions suitable for all levels of participants.
- Include a mix of yoga styles, such as Hatha, Vinyasa, and Restorative, to cater to different preferences.
- Tailored Programs:
- Develop sessions that address the specific needs and goals of the participants.
- Consider adapting the program for beginners, intermediate, and advanced practitioners.
- Breathwork and Meditation:
- Incorporate breathwork (pranayama) and meditation techniques.
- Emphasize the importance of mindfulness and mental clarity.
- Physical Alignment and Posture:
- Provide guidance on correct physical alignment and posture during yoga poses.
- Offer adjustments and modifications to accommodate diverse body types and abilities.
- Progressive Learning:
- Structure sessions in a progressive manner, building on previous learning.
- Encourage participants to deepen their practice gradually.
- Holistic Wellness:
- Integrate elements of holistic wellness, such as stress reduction and relaxation techniques.
- Promote a holistic approach to health through the practice of yoga.
- Interactive Sessions:
- Create an interactive and inclusive learning environment.
- Encourage participant engagement through questions, discussions, and feedback.
- Safety Considerations:
- Prioritize the safety of participants during yoga sessions.
- Provide alternatives for participants with specific health considerations or limitations.
- Coordinate logistics for the yoga sessions, including venue requirements, equipment, and any necessary arrangements.
- Maintain open communication with the organizing team to address any concerns or adjustments needed.
- Provide periodic progress reports and feedback on the effectiveness of the sessions.
Yoga Sessions Deliverables:
- Workshop Agenda.
- Report Summary (including details of sessions, number of participants, observations, recommendations for upcoming activities with the COAs).
- University/Technical Degree in yoga, physiotherapy, physical health or any related field.
- At least four years of provision of yoga sessions.
- Good knowledge of LGBTQI+ context.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
How to apply
Interested individuals should send their CV and a proposal including budget by email to [email protected] indicating in the subject line “Yoga Sessions – Consultant “ by maximum November 14,2023.
The interview process will be ongoing and might end upon receiving a qualified candidate for the position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants who have a personal relationship/association with a CLDH staff member are required to declare it in their email application.منتهية الصلاحية