Project Coordinator: Protection and Gender Equality (Beqaa)
Send your CV to: [email protected]
Subject Field: Project Coordinator (Protection and Gender Equality)
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
SAWA for Development and Aid is a Civil Society Organization founded initially as a spontaneous initiative in December 2011 to respond to the arrival of the first 40 Syrian families displaced from Syria into the North of Lebanon.
This initiative then grew to include individual activists, locals and internationals, who worked together (literally meaning ‘SAWA’ in Arabic) to share their knowledge and exchange their experiences in order to support Syrians, internally displaced or refugees in neighboring countries, united by their belief in their right to live in dignity, freedom, and to be active individuals in their communities and wherever they are.
SAWA sees itself as part and parcel of the society, and that it is on a continuous learning journey based on a participatory relationship at all levels with the communities that it works with, whether host or displaced, as well as with local and international partners.
SAWA believes that humanitarian, developmental, and civic work has to always strive to achieve social justice, and so it aims to work with individuals and communities through holistic interventions towards a society based on democracy, pluralism, and the values of citizenship and human rights.
Objective of the Role:
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for providing leadership and oversight for the implementation of the project with a strong emphasis on gender equality. This position will involve both administrative and technical roles.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Administrative Responsibilities:
• Develop and manage project budget.
• Ensure timely and accurate financial reporting in coordination with the finance department.
• Monitor budget utilization and recommend adjustments as necessary.
• Ensure project activities align with the organization's goals and objectives.
• Lead, supervise, and provide guidance to project staff.
• Foster a collaborative and inclusive team environment.
• Conduct regular performance evaluations and capacity-building activities for team members.
• Prepare and submit regular progress reports to senior management and donors.
• Maintain accurate records of project activities, outputs, and outcomes.
• Collaborate with the advocacy team.
• Develop an outreach plan, including regular follow-ups with the team.
• Manage logistics for the project, and liaise with the procurement team.
• Engage with participants to design initiatives.
• Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, including government agencies, NGOs, and community-based organizations.
• Ensure effective coordination and information sharing with relevant partners.
2. Technical Skills and Gender Equality:
• Integrate a gender-sensitive approach into the project.
• Ensure that protection services are accessible and responsive to the specific needs of the participants.
• Oversee the delivery of life-skills training and PSS sessions.
• Ensure that these sessions address the unique needs of beneficiaries, with a focus on gender-sensitive content.
• Monitor the quality and effectiveness of training and support services.
• Build the capacity of protection staff to implement gender-responsive programs.
• Promote continuous learning and development.
• Advocate for gender equality and the rights of women and marginalized groups in protection programming.
• Collaborate with advocacy partners to raise awareness of gender-based violence and discrimination.
• Develop and implement gender-sensitive monitoring and evaluation tools.
• Collect and analyze data to measure the impact of the project on gender equality.
• Include a dedicated section on gender equality achievements and challenges in regular project reports.
• Ensure compliance with organizational policies and international standards related to gender equality and protection.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• A bachelor's or master's degree in a relevant field (e.g., social work, international development, gender studies).
• Extensive experience in protection programming with a strong focus on gender equality.
• Strong leadership and team management skills.
• Excellent communication, reporting, and coordination abilities.
• Knowledge of relevant gender equality frameworks and tools.
• Commitment to the principles of human rights, gender equality, and protection.
دليل مدني، شبكة المجتمع المدني، يوفر للمنظمات منصة لنشر الوظائف, وليس مسؤول عن عملية التوظيف. كل منظمة مسجلة على دليل مدني هي مسؤولة بشكل فردي عن منشوراتها وعن عملية التوظيف.