Senior Resettlement Assistant - G5 - UNOPS - BEY050 - JR2326513 - Beirut, Lebanon
This vacancy is administered under RAP – UNHCR/HCP/2022/07:Candidates are divided into 3 categories:
Internal candidates: current staff, holding a fixed term or indefinite appointment, who, at the date of the deadline for application, are serving in the same category of the vacancy, at the grade of the position or one grade below or above.
Candidates with UNHCR experience: current staff in other categories of the vacancy, or same category applying 2 grades above their own, TAs, Affiliates (UNVs, UNOPS, Consultants, interns), or former UNHCR staff who held FTA/IND appointment (within 2 years of separation for males and 5 years for females).
Candidates will be assessed against the requirements of the position based on their qualifications, professional experience, skills, and performance record (if any) and may be further evaluated in a test and/or interview.
Candidates who have a Workday profile can access the vacancy through Menu > Career > Job Search
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Recruitment as a UNHCR staff member and engagement under a UNHCR affiliate scheme or as an intern is subject to proof of vaccination against COVID-19.
UNHCR is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, color or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation. UNHCR has a ZERO TOLERANCE policy on sexual exploitation and abuse, and sexual harassment. Successful candidates will be subject to a mandatory UN Sexual Exploitation and Abuse and Sexual Harassment clearance check prior to receiving an offer. UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training, or any other fees). All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
Read More at: https://daleel-madani.org/civil-society-directory/united-nations-high-co... © 2019 Lebanon Support. All rights reserved.
Terms of Reference
Candidates will ideally have direct experience working in Resettlement and/or Refugee Status Determination with UNHCR, as well as experience interviewing refugees and asylum-seekers and knowledge of relevant UNHCR policies and practices in this area. Demonstrable skills in using UNHCR tools including proGres v4, RAIS and Project X are desirable. Candidates should have excellent English language drafting skills and be able to demonstrate high levels of accountability. Excellent time management skills, with evidence of working well under pressure to tight deadlines, are desirable, as well as strong analytical skills
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
A Senior Resettlement Assistant position is typically located at Multi-Country Office, Branch Office or Field Office. Under supervision, the incumbent's primary role is to assist the supervisor in effective resettlement delivery of a given UNHCR Office in accordance with the UNHCR Resettlement Handbook, UNHCR Manual and relevant policy papers and publications. The incumbent provides important clerical and administrative support to resettlement operations and may as required take part in assessing cases for resettlement and conducting interviews. S/he maintains frequent contacts with the supervisor, relevant colleagues within the same Office or Offices under purview to exchange information and discuss issues on resettlement cases. Some contacts and communication at a working level are required with Embassy / Immigration Officials of resettlement countries, IOM as well as with other operating partners regarding resettlement issues.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Carry out preliminary interviews and initial assessments to process refugees for resettlement following established procedures.
- Prepare written documentation for resettlement submission; ensure that records / files of individual cases are updated in a systematic and timely manner.
- Assess and review individual resettlement cases and prepare individual / group submission for scrutiny by the supervisor.
- Provide persons of concern (PoC) with up-to-date and accurate information on UNHCR's resettlement policies and procedures.
- Comply with UNHCR's standard operating procedures on resettlement, ensuring timely action on cases.
- Follow up on cases from time of submission to final decision and departure; ensure effective in-country communication on the status and follow-up on PoC being considered for resettlement.
- Assist in maintaining and updating proGres or Consolidated Online Resettlement Tracking System (CORTS) database and provide technical support.
- Coordinate travel and departure arrangements for refugees accepted for resettlement.
- Organize logistical support for governments undertaking resettlement missions.
- Provide administrative support for resettlement-related training activities, including organization of resettlement workshops and meetings as required.
- Maintain accurate resettlement statistics as well as up-to-date records on individual cases; assist in the preparation of reports.
- Draft / type routine correspondence to Field Offices / Multi-Country Offices / Headquarters.
- Systematically apply an Age, Gender and Diversity perspective in all aspects of the resettlement process; comply with UNHCR policy and guidelines on HIV/AIDS.
- Assist in mitigating resettlement fraud by reporting suspected fraud.
- Recommend eligible cases for resettlement consideration.
- Provide counselling to PoC.
- Perform other related duties as required.