SVN10151 Client Facilitation Assistant
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed through this link, APPLY NOW!
Applications received through email will not be considered.
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees). IOM is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation. IOM has a ZERO TOLERANCE policy on sexual exploitation and abuse, and sexual harassment. Successful candidates will be subject to mandatory UN Sexual Exploitation and Abuse and Sexual Harassment clearance check prior to receiving an offer.
*Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
Applications are welcome from internal and external candidates. For all IOM vacancies, applications from qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process. For the purpose of this vacancy, internal candidates are considered first-tier candidates.
Under the general supervision of the Migration Health Officer and the direct supervision of the Client Support and QC Assistant, the incumbent shall perform the following functions:
1. Answer incoming calls of Self-paying applicants and provide information on IOM Services.
2. Identify and assess applicants’ needs and provide adequate support/information needed by applicants.
3. Schedule appointments according to team availability calendar, issue appointments via e- mail, cell phones, confirm appointments and track NO Shows.
4. Register applicants and maintain individual accounts while keeping records of applicant’s interactions, process applicant’s accounts and file documents.
5. Handle the complaint mechanism by approaching applicants upon completion of the service in order to get a feedback on the standards of the service.
6. Resolve service delivery gaps by clarifying the applicant's complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
7. Prepare service feedback reports completed by applicants and compile monthly report on overall customer Satisfaction.
8. Archive files in both soft and hard copy.
9. Build sustainable relationships of trust through open and interactive communication.
10. Follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies.
11. Complete, finalize, seal the final reports and dispatch them to the applicants as described in the clinic Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
12. Perform any other duty that may be assigned.
• Secondary School Education with three years of relevant work experience; or;
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited academic institution with one years of relevant work experience in administrative work.
Accredited Universities are those listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database.
Working experience with UN Agencies or non-governmental organizations is an advantage.
• Proven customer support experience
• Strong phone contact handling skills and active listening
• Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of personality characteristics.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
REQUIRED: For all applicants, fluency in English and Arabic is required (oral and written).
IOM’s official languages are English, French and Spanish.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link. Competencies will be assessed during the selection process.
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences. Encourages diversity and inclusion.
- Integrity and transparency: Maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Courage: Demonstrates willingness to take a stand on issues of importance.
- Empathy: Shows compassion for others, makes people feel safe, respected and fairly treated.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators (Level 1)
- Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: Produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner. Is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own actions and delegated work.
- Communication: Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication. Explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators (Level 1) (applicable only if position is with direct reports)
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the Organization’s vision. Assists others to realize and develop their leadership and professional potential.
- Empowering others: Creates an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Building Trust: Promotes shared values and creates an atmosphere of trust and honesty.
- Strategic thinking and vision: Works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
- Humility: Leads with humility and shows openness to acknowledging own shortcomings.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations. Recommended candidates will remain eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
This post is subject to local recruitment. Only those holding a valid residence and work permit for the country where this position is based will be eligible for consideration.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, verification of residency, visa, and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable. Vaccination against COVID-19 will be required for IOM personnel who are hired or otherwise engaged by IOM. As part of the mandatory medical entry on duty clearance, candidates will be requested to provide evidence of full vaccination.
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM online recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
For further information and other job postings, you are welcome to visit our website: IOM Careers and Job Vacancies