UNWFP - Beirut CO - IT Operations Officer NOA
As an inclusive employer, WFP is committed to providing a supportive recruitment process for individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at [email protected] (and copying in [email protected]) to advise us the type of support and reasonable adjustments you may require at this stage. A member of the reasonable accommodation team will contact you to confidentially discuss your needs.
- Step 1: To apply to this position, click on the link existing at the end of this page.
- Step 2: You will be directed to WFP Official Website to view the vacancy details. Click on Apply to be directed to the application process
- Step 3: if you do not have an account, you will have to create your profile and submit your CV in the platform
- Step 4: Once your profile is completed, Click on “Apply” to submit your application
NOTE: You must complete Step 3 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy
- Click the following link to apply for this position: https://career5.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=829270&company=C0000168410P
Job Title: IT Operations Officer NOA
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Duration: 12 months (renewable based on business need and performance)
Duty Station: Beirut Country Office
Date of Publication: 05 September 2023
Deadline of Application: 25 September 2023
Terms and Conditions:
- This vacancy announcement is open for qualified Lebanese nationals.
- WFP offers a competitive benefits package including salary, various types of leaves including maternity and paternity, medical and life insurances, provision of breastfeeding rooms for new parents, and various wellness platforms.
- WFP Lebanon offers flexible working hours schedule upon prior approval.
- Our premises are accessible, and we are committed to accommodate to any required reasonable accessible needs to remove barriers in the workplace.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Key Responsibilities (not all-inclusive, nor exhaustive):
Under the supervision of Head of IT, the incumbent will perform the following tasks:
- Coordinate and support the budgeting, planning and deployment of IT and Telecommunications systems that are aligned with business needs, in accordance with WFP corporate standards.
- Leading and supporting the maintenance and deployment of infrastructure services on premises and on cloud to ensure the continuity of the business operations.
- Support the IT operation support activity by monitoring the user requests, supporting technical team in resolving them, and reporting response figures to technical and non-technical management.
- Install and configure new infrastructure hardware software for improving and upgrading system performance; Aligning with the global standards design for network and system infrastructure.
- Provide data and documentation to support the procurement of TC/IT equipment and services at and in line with WFP rules and regulations.
- Collate data and contribute to the preparation of accurate reports on IT/TC investments and costs, providing information to inform decision-making by stakeholders.
- Develop technical skills and knowledge and build awareness of industry developments by contributing to project planning with programme team.
- Provide support on the IT compliance and governance exercise in coordination with the HQ Technical team, by ensuring that all required standards are met, and all appliances are fully up to the standard.
- Respond to queries from users, understanding and resolving issues, providing advice, and ensuring IT policies, procedures, systems, and tools are correctly applied to support them.
- Guide and supervise intermediate and junior ICT staff, acting as a line manager and supporting them setting work objectives and responsibilities, implement them, and report on quarterly basis.
- Support the capability building of staff throughout the organisation and/or review of training programs aimed at developing skills/knowledge in IT and TC.
- Provide clear technical systems documentation rolled out infrastructure covering servers (including virtualization) Networks and backup systems.
- Monitor IT service delivery and performance metrics to identify possible problems and resolve before they affect business.
- Define systems and infrastructure for decommissioning in coordination with Head of IT and procedure for decommissioning.
- Coordinate with other UN agencies to network, align activities and support possibilities of inter-agency collaboration in the field of IT and Telecommunications.
- Ensure a significant contribution and participation in the ICT working group related to the Interagency OMT group. Having a complete understanding on the common services and ensuring a continuous reporting exercise for the yearly cost benefit analysis.
- Interact effectively with colleagues and user groups to understand their needs and provide appropriate technical support.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness and contingency planning practices to ensure WFP is able to maintain basic IT services and/or quickly respond and deploy resources to affected areas at the onset of a crisis.
- Follow operational plans and deliver resource requirements at the onset of an emergency.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
Education: Advanced University degree (i.e. Master's degree or higher) in Computer Science or other relevant field, or First University degree (i.e. Bachelor’s degree) in the same subject(s) with additional years of related work experience.
Experience: One (1) or more years of postgraduate professional experience (after completion of Advanced University degree) or, three (3) years or more after completion of First University degree in IT field.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in one of the UN languages ( Arabic or English). Fluency in French is an advantage.
Desired Experiences for entry into the role:
- Experience in IT Governance is a must.
- Has been part of the design and implementation of ITIL service management systems for handling customer requests.
- Has performed user support activities resulting in timely, high-quality delivery of services to user community, including the emergency operations user community.
- Supervised a service desk / help desk.
- Knowledge of Voice services such as PBX, Voice, IVR, is an added value.
- Has supervised a team of junior IT staffs
- ITIL Certification is an added advantage.
- Cisco certification in area of routing and switching is an added advantage.
- High experience in Microsoft, and Intune for cloud management
- Good experience in Cloud services such as Azure, AWS, Citrix, and any other possible technologies.
- Very good experience in managing virtual infrastructure and servers.
- Knowledge of VSAT, Sat Phone, Bgan, and VHF Technology is an added advantage.