Case Worker - PWSN Bourj Hammoud
In order to apply for this vacancy you need to complete the template on the following link:
A member of our Human Resources team will contact you soon if your profile is considered for the job vacancy, and if more information is needed. If you are not being approached by our Human Resources team, please consider your application automatically registered in our database.
Caritas Lebanon is committed to all Safeguarding Principles and will not tolerate any act in any shape or form of misuse regarding Child Safeguarding Policies and Sexual Exploitation Abuse or Harassment (SEA). All staff must understand that Caritas Lebanon will apply a zero-tolerance policy to SEA and any harassment of any type. Caritas Lebanon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. Moreover, Caritas Lebanon will not share any personal data with anyone outside Caritas Lebanon whatsoever unless requested by Law. All applicants are strictly required to adhere to these standards. Therefore, the selected applicant shall be requested to provide additional information to conduct the needed background check.
In addition, Caritas Lebanon will reserve its rights not to hire any applicant who was previously reported for a SEA incident.
The Case Worker works with people to support them through difficult times and ensure that vulnerable people, including children and adults are safeguarded from harm. Their role is to provide support to enable service users to help themselves. They maintain professional relationships with service users, acting as guides and advocates.
MAJOR DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide listening and counseling services to refugees (men and women), fill the social file and integrate all related information on the system
• Respond to emergency cases and run the 24-hour helpline for refugee victims of violence and urgent cases
• Liaise with lawyers for legal consultations, and refer beneficiaries to relevant service providers when needed
• Conduct home visits to assess the needs of the HH
• Conduct field visits depending on the follow-up to be provided to each beneficiary (hospitals, schools…)
• Collaborate with SW colleagues to identify participants for the sessions
• Ensure proper follow up on all actions to be considered for individual cases till achieving desired results
• Attend CRI distribution and other assistances
• Conduct on a monthly basis the interviews with the Case management supervisor and other required duties
• Report to the Case management supervisor the critical cases for final approval on the actions to be taken
• Prepare progress monthly reports on cases of beneficiaries and on activities implemented
• Update weekly the beneficiaries list
• Work occasionally on weekends to attend refugee’s community events or to organize activities for refugees
• Work occasionally on weekends or after the working hours for very urgent cases (investigations, medical issues…) in coordination with the head of Refugee program
• Participate in training, conferences and attend meetings
• Assess, plan and implement activities in coordination with the center coordinator/Senior social worker and/or field coordinator when necessary
• Refer traumatized cases to the psychologist for counseling and assistance
• Coordinate with other partners/stakeholders in the regions working with Refugees to avoid duplication and provide better services
• Perform administrative and secretarial support functions
• Follow Caritas Lebanon operational policy and procedures
• Respect the internal policies and procedures for example: dress code, attendance, discipline, etc.
• Complete schedules, activity planners, monitor staff availability and act against any shortfalls
• Resolve any staff issues and escalate any unresolved issue to the related manager
• Perform other related duties as assigned by the supervisor
.Bachelor Degree in Social Work
Related Work Experience:
.3 to 5 years of experience in related field
.MS-Word / MS-Excel – Intermediate level
- جبل لبنان
- Borj Hammoud