Learning Support Tutor ( 3 vacancies )
Please send your CV to [email protected]. ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please mention the position “Learning Support Tutor" in your email subject.
Recruitment shall be subject to open competition without regard to race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, and beliefs, and to political affiliation, social status, mother tongue and ethnic. Talents acquisition shall be made taking into account the importance of recruiting and maintaining a geographically diverse and gender-balanced workforce. JRS reserves the right to close the vacancy prior to the application closing date, once we receive high number of suitable applications.
At the heart of our efforts is our engagement with marginalised and displaced communities, especially with vulnerable adults and children. These groups are particularly at risk of sexual exploitation and abuse, and other forms of gender-based violence. JRS is committed to the protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse and Sexual Harassment (PSEAH) of all JRS beneficiaries by JRS personnel. JRS has zero tolerance towards all forms of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse and Sexual Harassment and takes seriously all concerns and complaints about SEAH by JRS personnel.
Learning Support Tutor will be providing support to elementary students enrolled in formal education programmes through French language and homework support.
- Leads students through creative play and hands-on activities.
- Tailors the lessons according to the abilities of the children in the classroom.
- Coordinates with other tutors, the social worker, and the school principal.
- Conducts regular tutors and parents' meetings.
- Applies JRS policies in the educational center.
- Ensures the child's environment is safe.
Knowledge, Skills and Personal Attributes
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and team working skills.
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential.
- Experience in planning class programmes.
- Experience in participatory programmes.
- Must be capable in teaching in Arabic and either French or English.
- Experience in working with refugees is a plus.
- جبل لبنان
- Jbeil (Byblos)