The USAID/Lebanon Trade and investment Facilitation (TIF) Activity will facilitate the export of Lebanese goods and services to generate foreign exchange through investments and business enabling environment reform that simultaneously promote job creation, income generation, and improved livelihoods throughout the country. TIF has three objectives:
1) increased exports of Lebanese goods and services,
2) investment facilitation leading to increased domestic investment,
3)mproved business and investment enabling environment.
The project driver supports operation’s team with driving, coordinating transportation schedules, and maintaining inventory lists. The position will complete information on paper and computer.
Responsibilities and Key Tasks:
- Perform daily pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections.
- Responsible for transporting staff to and from various locations throughout Lebanon.
- Ensure vehicle cleanliness and perform minor maintenance tasks on the vehicles when necessary.
- Fuel the vehicles.
- Ensure the periodic scheduled vehicle maintenance is completed.
- Maintain vehicle logs, documenting vehicle movements to and from pre-approved destinations.
- Prepare accident and incident reports as necessary.
- Assist with facilitation of special events, staff meetings and workshops as requested.
- Assist with gathering and filing project documentation under guidance from relevant project staff (procurement, grants, finance, etc.).
- Assist with maintaining project property.
- Assist with travel arrangements for project staff and visitors.
- Other duties as required by supervisor or COP.
- High School (Baccalaureate) degree preferred.
- At least 4 years of professional experience as a driver.
- Valid Lebanese driver’s license. Must be willing to obtain a Lebanese public driver’s license.
- Knowledge of the roads throughout Lebanon.
- Ability to use and read navigational tools on-line.
- General knowledge of car maintenance is strongly preferred.
- Strong coordination and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated computer skills on MS Excel and MS Word is strongly preferred.
- Strong communication skills.
- Fluent in Arabic and proficient in English – both written and oral.