Psychologist - Roving ML (Re-advertise )
n order to apply for this vacancy you need to complete the template on the following link:
A member of our Human Resources team will contact you soon if your profile is considered for the job vacancy, and if more information is needed. If you are not being approached by our Human Resources team, please consider your application automatically registered in our database.
Caritas Lebanon is committed to all Safeguarding Principles and will not tolerate any act in any shape or form of misuse regarding Child Safeguarding Policies and Sexual Exploitation Abuse or Harassment (SEA). All staff must understand that Caritas Lebanon will apply a zero-tolerance policy to SEA and any harassment of any type. Caritas Lebanon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. Moreover, Caritas Lebanon will not share any personal data with anyone outside Caritas Lebanon whatsoever unless requested by Law. All applicants are strictly required to adhere to these standards. Therefore, the selected applicant shall be requested to provide additional information to conduct the needed background check.
In addition, Caritas Lebanon will reserve its rights not to hire any applicant who was previously reported for a SEA incident.
Shelter Clinical Psychologists are core members of the healthcare team at Caritas Lebanon. They are responsible for the provision of all mental health services relevant to their scope of work; They function within interdisciplinary teams alongside Doctors, Nurses, Social workers, Animators and Psychiatrists.
- Ability to provide structured clinical assessments and clear case formulation: Assess the needs of the beneficiaries on the cognitive, behavioral, emotional levels
- Ability to provide clinical assessment on field and/or remotely as part of the eligibility process for new admissions.
- Responsiveness to urgent assessment and follow up with the team within or beyond working hours
- Ability to use standardized assessment tools
- Use relevant psychological tests and assessment instruments when relevant to the need of the beneficiary and the expertise of the psychologist
- Provide initial clinical diagnosis if relevant to the need of the beneficiary and the expertise of the psychologist
- Ability to developing a consistent and acceptable treatment plan with clear objectives in relevance to the need assessment with a logical and consistent timeframe that includes estimated dates for case evaluation, closure and post support check-up
- Use different relaxation & stress management techniques
- Discuss and share the care plans with the multidisciplinary teams in order to ensure the provision of a comprehensive holistic care plan, and highlight relevant recommendations
- Provide continuous psychological support and when possible, structured therapy settings
- Ability to recognize mental health priority conditions as per the mhGAP
- Provide individual support, and/or group support
- Specialized in at least one evidence-based approach (e.g., CBT, Trauma Focused-CBT, IPT, EMDR).
- Monitoring and evaluating the psychological progress of the Beneficiary
- Provide Psychological First Aid for beneficiaries in crisis or during emergency settings
- Provide proper internal and external referral, with post-referral check-up
- Maintain proper documentation of mental health services provided as per the policies of the Health department
- Actively participate in the revision, design and conduction of any document used by the Health department in direct relevance to the psychological field of work.
- Participate in the development of mental health awareness content
- Deliver awareness mental health sessions in community settings and conduct Mental Health Support Groups
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team
- Interviewing skills
- Ability to develop rapport with the patient
- Excellent communication, problem solving, Interpersonal and conflict resolution skills, Patience, Trustworthiness, Empathy, Analytical skills, Critical thinking
- Cultural sensitivity
- Ability to adhere to ethical considerations and principles with regard to work with vulnerable populations
- Basic Microsoft office and internet use
- Fluency in Arabic and in English, French is a plus
Personal and Professional development of the Psychologist
- Developing family-centered, goal and strength focused, recovery-oriented care plan
- Mental health in complex emergencies (IASC guidelines, Psychological First Aid, mhGAP…)
- Biopsychosocial model in mental health
- Community-based approach in mental health
- Human rights-based approach in mental health
- Seek external supervision to ensure personal and professional development
- Seek external continuous trainings relevant to the specialization field of expertise chosen
- Seek up to date knowledge on relevant evidence-based practices and promising practices
- Engage in self-care practices to ensure personal well-being
- MA in Clinical Psychology
- A completed clinical training/practicum in a university center consisting of at least 100 hours of training under supervision and 300 hours of applied training
- Obtained a Lebanese colloquium certificate for clinical psychologists
- Obtained a License to practice the clinical psychology profession from the Ministry of Public Health
- 2-5 years
- Fluency in Arabic and in English, French is a plus
- جبل لبنان